LegacyGT.com

High Plains Raceway is paved!!!

chenc544

Paving for HPR's entire track, paddock and access road is done.

It WILL be open for business for 2009 season! :icon_bigg

They are having walking/bicycle tours this Sunday if anyone is interested in checking out the track in person. They are still looking for donations so they can build some facilities like bathroom. So feel free to make a donation if you would like to have bathrooms at track days... :lol:

http://www.highplainsraceway.com/images/photo-capital4.jpg

Sunday Oct. 19th

The track gate will be open from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm. You are welcome to just show up. The gate will be open so you can park on the paddock, but NO CARS WILL BE ALLOWED ON TRACK! If you wish to bring a bicycle, that will be OK. But it's strictly a walking or bicycle tour ONLY.

Sunday Oct. 26th

Another track tour (same drill, different hours) will be the following Sunday, the 26th. However, the time will be from 10:00 am to about lunch time. Again, NO CARS WILL BE ALLOWED ON TRACK!

No RSVP required.

The track is 60 minutes from I-25 and I-70 (or about the same from I-25 and I-225). Exit I-70 at Byers. CLICK HERE for a map.

Now that paving is done, the site is fenced, gated and locked. Please don't attempt unguided tours. We need to protect our new asphalt while it cures. However, you are welcome to attend the two above guided tours. If you can't make either, use the CONTACT US form to make your request and we'll set up another tour.

About HPR

HIGH PLAINS RACEWAY (HPR) is the newest road racing motorsports facility in the Rocky Mountain area. See www.HighPlainsRaceway.com for complete information.

That is going to be really nice if we can get on it next year. I think it is all booked up though. Art, will Z-Car Club be trying to get some time there next year?

Z-car club should have 2 track days there next year. ZCCC is one of the contributing car clubs so it will have couple of weekends reserved.

CAMA (Colorado Amateur Motorsports Association) is made up of bunch car/motorcycle/racing clubs, which ZCCC is part of. The clubs that made up CAMA were the ones that originally put up the money to buy Second Creek. When it became obvious that Second Creek was going to be shut down, CAMA was formed to build another track in the metro Denver area.

Archived