LegacyGT.com

Malfunctioned Driveshaft

andee0

BRAND NEW 2005 Subaru Legacy. Not even 8,000 miles. Brought car in because of constant clicking from suspension. The problem: loose / malfunctioning drive shaft that was UNSAFE TO DRIVE. Took TWO DAYS to REPLACE drive shaft. No loaner car, no courtesy car. RUDE customer service.

BRAND NEW 2005 Subaru Legacy. Not even 8,000 miles. Brought car in because of constant clicking from suspension. The problem: loose / malfunctioning drive shaft that was UNSAFE TO DRIVE. Took TWO DAYS to REPLACE drive shaft. No loaner car, no courtesy car. RUDE customer service.

That's not great to hear. I presume you contacted 800-Subaru3 (Subaru of America Customer Service toll free) to tell them about the issue and ask for some compensation for the loaner car that you had to rent. What did SOA have to say, particularly about your issue and the dealer's lack of reasonable customer service?

Which dealer, where, so we have a data point to add to in the future, or watch out for and avoid if already established?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I hope we don't have a troll in our midst...only 2 posts and he has 8K on the odo...hmmm....

...last time I checked my driveshaft was not in the engine.

HA !!! Good call ... maybe a salesman for an Audi dealership ... :D

Could be a real incident. Poster may have been shy until he/she got mad enough

after getting the shaft from a dealer. Let's wait and see ....:confused:

i didnt write this post. titile was an attention grabber. fuK all that try to be asses. car is 2 months old. drive shaft malfunctioned. advisor stated that car was unsafe to drive. no loaner car or courtesy car because i am 18 years of age.

Hey bro, try and be cool with everyone here. This is not NASIOC and we like to keep a clean, tight shop here. I enjoy this forum as it's a welcome haven from the constant BS you have to sift through on other forums.

Not a good way to start out on this forum. Dad mode off.

You know........

I have an issue with this poster and and another that complained constantly about his 2.5i.

Don't you people do any research at all before you buy?????

I mean if u had you would know the characteristics of the vehicle before you buy it....

Like the FAUX ALUMINUM TRIM... which is real aluminum BTW.....

You would also know that these things happen with EVERY CAR MANUFACTURER IN THE WORLD..... some just more than others.

They fixed it which is good.... now be very calm, smile and be nice, and phone SOA and ask for an explanation for the rude treatment you received.

You are not a second class citizen because you are 18.. but if you act like a child then you will get treated like one, so be level headed and mature and deal with it like a business person would.

Parousia

Ok. First off, I'm changing your title because it your engine did not fall apart. Second, can you please be more mature and also put more details in your posts? The reason people said some things about your situation is because you didn't give enough info in the first place and just said your "Brand new engine fell apart. Don't buy!"
-ben

I am not sure how you drive your car Mr. Andee0, but my GT has over 15,000 miles already of which at least 1000 of them are race miles (of which 200 of those miles are in 2nd gear at 5000 rpms and up for a good 20 mins). I havent had anything fallen apart, broken in half, split, cracked, blown, seized, smashed, or melted in those 15,000 miles. The car runs strong and my car is modified with stiffer suspension.

Please tell us how it all happend in detail and the driving habits that could possibly lead up to this malfunctioned driveshaft. It's rare to have a lemon among cars nowadays.

Keefe

Keefe

south coast subaru in costa mesa. car is alright. rattling of faux aluminum trim still bugging the crap out of me.

And where the F is costa mesa? You know most people on this message board don't live in whatever state you live in.

Most unhelpful thread ever! :rolleyes:

I am not sure how you drive your car Mr. Andee0, but my GT has over 15,000 miles already of which at least 1000 of them are race miles (of which 200 of those miles are in 2nd gear at 5000 rpms and up for a good 20 mins). I havent had anything fallen apart, broken in half, split, cracked, blown, seized, smashed, or melted in those 15,000 miles. The car runs strong and my car is modified with stiffer suspension.

Please tell us how it all happend in detail and the driving habits that could possibly lead up to this malfunctioned driveshaft. It's rare to have a lemon among cars nowadays.

Keefe

well there was a srt-4 that was all frontin and i had to smoke em. i rev it up to 6k and lanch hard but it don't move! i had to call my dad to pick me up from school!!!! it was so embarassing, i hate this car11!!!!!!!!~!~

(Sorry, I don't know why, I just had to...I hope you have a sense of humor!)

You can't get a loaner since you are 18. Technically loaners are rental cars that the dealer pays the cost of (most likely to be re-imbursed under warranty by the Manufacturer). Thier insurance company won't cover drivers under 21. That's just tough luck. I'm sorry you are so unfortunate that your parents bought you a brand new car. It must really suck being you.

Archived