LegacyGT.com

throttle body making noise?

when i went to start my car this morning, i turned the key to the ignition on position. and soon after there was this faint sound like a fuel pump still running. popped the hood, removed engine cover to find this sound coming from the throttle body or intake mani.

05 lgt

theres been no performance issues. im running cobb stg 1 for 9,000 miles now. no dip in mpg either.

any one have an idea if this is a common prob?

thanks.

thanks rao.

got another one for ya. with radio off, a/c off, and then turn the key off theres a clunk in the dash. had my gf help me by holding her ear to the pannel, and she said it sounds like some thing closing?

i love this car. every time somthing needs to be to fixed, she plays hard to get.:wub:

thanks rao.

got another one for ya. with radio off, a/c off, and then turn the key off theres a clunk in the dash. had my gf help me by holding her ear to the pannel, and she said it sounds like some thing closing?

i love this car. every time somthing needs to be to fixed, she plays hard to get.:wub:

Probably one of the servos opening for the climate control.

could be a servo. if its located under the defrost vents in the middle. and why would that be operating with no a/c on?

anyone have some exp taking the dash out wanna give me a walk through? im pretty handy so keep it simple and i can remove it.

The servos controls the air flow to the defrost, foot and center nozzles as well as also adjusting the amount of air that is heated compared to unheated air. The recirculation is also controlled with a servo.

No need to fiddle around with them unless you get weird problems with your heating - or want weird problems.

453747.png

Archived