LegacyGT.com

An "Oh Sh*t" pucker moment at the TST pumpkin roll rally for me, caught on my car-cam

well in this case, it helped me out. cuz that bad boy hit. just think if it hadnt of been there?

yeah I drive on some pretty rough back roads & dirt roads with my car i was thinking it might be a worthwhile investment in the long term

Wow!! great vid! had no idea a Legacy could take that kinda beating.

you have one of those rallitek skids?

I've also got one of the rallitek skids, and it is fantastic! i was pulling into a parking space a little too quickly (late for class) and cracked the curb with the front edge of the plate :lol:. (i had to put in some spacers, as it wouldnt clear my gt spec headers as is)

glad you didn't hit a minivan full of kids coming the other way while out of control of your car on a public road. :mad: Seriously....this is a prime example of why I don't participate in 'spirited' organized cruises

glad you didn't hit a minivan full of kids coming the other way while out of control of your car on a public road. :mad: Seriously....this is a prime example of why I don't participate in 'spirited' organized cruises

odyle rules????

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Yeah, I'm kinda with you on this one, I've participated to some local Subie meets that involved a drive and the pack mentality can get the best of us sometimes. We were pushing 100+ mph sometimes on some back country roads with a posted 40mph limit. One lane each direction, no shoulder to speak of. You were either on the road or in the corn field. There were a couple of close calls once and at an event I did not partake one of the drivers actually spun out, broke a wooden fence and wrecked his rear quarter panel. Yeah, sure, it was just us on those roads at 10AM on Sunday morning with a police officer bringing up the rear [in his STi] but still, it got to a point where I wasn't feeling too comfortable with it all. I was tempted to break off and just go home but ... you know how it is.

I'm not criticizing you indirectly or anything Soda Popinski, just be safe out there while having fun ;)

I didn't notice the shoulders movement, hahaha, that's awesome.

I'm also contemplating a RalliteK skidplate.

While I understand the cause for concern... we had 2-way radios and co-drivers. The co-drivers stayed in contact and radioed back (starting with the leader) of ANY traffic, pedestrians or obsticals in the way (gravel, rocks, sticks etc).

Any of the above exists = speed limit for the entire group. Once it's cleared or passed, the leader gave the green.

It's not like people are just out doing a cannonball run around PA. That jump happened while there was no traffic oncoming... otherwise this video wouldn't have existed.

One more thing; this wasn't planned. It just happened because the crest of the hill leveled out sharply instead of rounding out.

the radio should have been used to warn you of that hill!!! there was oncoming traffic and you did cross the centerline (in the air? mebbe). You're lucky nothing happened and that you maintained control for the sake of that oncoming vehicle and it's passengers. You could have overcorrected and gotten sideways just in time for that vehicle to pass you.

there's no reason this is ok and frankly, to put a video up is just irresponsible (it glamorizes it...ZOMG!!! I'm a rally driver :woowoo: - look at your reaction as proof of this).

Archived