LegacyGT.com

Gas Milage... I searched.

Same deal for me... only I drive a base model..

I was getting avg 24 and now around 20-22... this sucks.

And I'm fairly sure they use ethanol year round now... Originally they were going to use it winter's only for a period of abt 15 years... then they found out how rediculously hazordous it is and decided to use it year round for 10 years (maybe less).

Not sure if they run a higher concentration in the winter or not.

it's all B.S. because it doesn't really reduce emissions much and it raises consumption as it gives MUCH worse gas milage than gas w/o MTBE.

Basically the consumer and retailers get screwed so the Gov't can give enough money to their contractor. And people wonder where all the money goes in Gov't.

All the time the gov't KNOW'S they should have never even released it. Much less forced us to keep using it all this time. It's rediculously harmful for those who have to handle it or be exposed to it, it doesn't reduce emissions anywhere NEAR what they said it should, and it ups the costs and reduces milage...

WAY TO GO US Gov't.

The joke of it is that the way it was enacted there's basically NO recourse for suing any of the Oil companies responsible for MTBE's use...

Not just that but did I mention there are lots of studies that show MTBE can leak out of in ground storage tanks and enter into the water table quite rapidly...

Funny also is that the clean water regulations have no requirement for testing for MTBE... So chances are you probobly have been injesting it for quite a while...

oh and it causes tumors in lab rats. YEAH.

I guess my gas milage problems aren't so bad when you put it in perspective.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the LGT Wagon, and do a combo of back road and some stop and go. I average 20-21 mpg.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

at 800 miles I got 24.5 calculated, not by the computer read out. I did not use cruise and drove almost 80mph both ways.

I still don't see the big deal anyway, it's a 4 banger and will rev higher so the MPG are not as good.

Archived