LegacyGT.com

Weak rear defroster?

Didn't seem to fit in any of the other forums so I put it here...

For some reason my rear defroster no longer really works. It did up until recently (few weeks ago). It defrosts maybe 1-2cm on each side of the defroster lines, but I can drive for 20+ minutes and thats as far as it will go (driving from work to home at 5:30am when the windows are all dewed up). The moisture is definitely on the exterior of the car. The side mirrors that defrost with the window work very quickly. Anyone have any thoughts?

Only thing I can think of is it would be some sort of issue with cleaning the window? Though I just had body work done and they washed/waxed the car after the body work so I figure it should be alright?

Thanks in advance...

Put your front defroster on with the A/C button "On".........all your windows will be clear in no time:)

I think he's referring to the outside. Mine takes 15-20 minutes for the back window to clear. That's much slower than my wife's Camry.

The heated seats on my father-in-law's late-model STS get hot within seconds. In my Subaru it takes a minute or so. Subaru's heater elements just seem to work more slowly than others...

this is a new problem, though. I had no problems until recently. It could have something to do with excess wax on the window. Being that my car was just washed/waxed by a company when they did body work I think it might be the culprit. I have read some stuff online that wax on windows causes water to stay there. I've noticed my front windshield experiencing some of the symptoms (water just hazes on the window, doesnt run off) When I get access to a hose I'm going to try to wash just the windows and see if it helps...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived