LegacyGT.com

My rants about the legacy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4) Honestly it dosent bother me at all... in fact I rather not have it. I don't want little children or people with minds of children getting caught in moving glass objects.

one touch up/down windows all have a handy feature called pinch protection in which it will stop and go back if any object obstructs it, this is also in all one touch sunroofs I believe

For those getting bad gasmilage... Couple of tips

1. stop driving like you are in highschool. If you really care about getting better gasmilage, well, drive better.

2. stop taking short trips, cold starts on these run through gas like no other.

I've gotten 30+ mpg "city" in my LGT before. Moderate speeds, 2nd gear starts on the flat, up-shifts at 1,500rpm, minimal braking, maximum coasting when and starting the tank with a fully warmed up car from the 140 miles I drove before

For those getting bad gasmilage... Couple of tips

1. stop driving like you are in highschool. If you really care about getting better gasmilage, well, drive better.

2. stop taking short trips, cold starts on these run through gas like no other.

I've gotten 30+ mpg "city" in my LGT before. Moderate speeds, 2nd gear starts on the flat, up-shifts at 1,500rpm, minimal braking, maximum coasting when and starting the tank with a fully warmed up car from the 140 miles I drove before

Then what's the purpose of having this car?? You should have just bought a Geo Metro if you were going to drive like that anyways!!!

The auto up window feature would be nice. And yes I believe most do have the pinch protection. My wife's Jetta has it on the sunroof and windows.

Oh, and my average fuel consumption is 21mpg. 18-20 if I punch it. (not too often, lot of cops hide out on my route to work)

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

All of the things you've quoted can easily be discovered in 40 minutes. Did you know that even the gas mileage is stated in two inch high numbers in the middle of the window sticker?? Who would have thought that a heavier, more powerful car would get worse gas mileage than your last Civic????

-Nick

I am married... I just expect more out of a car than I do a person.

A. No one "engineered" my wife...

B. No one should have spent time testing and re-testing my wife before I got her. My car however most certainly should've been tested and designed well.

As far as the gas milage...

Yeah they sure were printed on the sales sticker...

ONLY they didn't say 17-23

Of course I expected worse gas milage than a lighter (not much) fwd car. However I didn't expect worse milage than an SUV.

As far as the driving habits...

A. EVERY other car I've driven exactly the same way I drive every car gets damn near EXACTLY the MFG. suggested milage...

B. When using the current MPG display on the computer... the ONLY time it goes above 22-25 is when I'm so far off the gas pedal I'm no longer encouraging forward movement...

So what does subaru expect... you roll down hills in neutral 60% of the time...

there is NO way that my car (and I've stated I'm pretty sure there are some serious problems with MY PARTICULAR legacy) could get anywhere near the window sticker milage while driving normally... much less aggressively.

As far as the other complaints... they're just that... general complaints... not that big of a deal...

As far as whoever mentioned a lot of people are "moving down" in cars... I'm coming straight from bottom of the line land... and I'm not impressed with anything but the styling, and the AWD system.

Both my econo boxes were better cars overall... well the bottom of the line sentra was only better after I modded it... stock it was a pretty sad sight/experience.

Again I like the car... there are just a bunch of issues that bother me. Gas milage especially... the main reason it bothers me is I'm pretty sure it's a PROBLEM with my car not with the design of the model.

2.5 liters is big for a 4 cyl. Then you add a turbo. Fuel economy isn't going to happen anymore.

It takes the same amount of gas & air to produce 250 hp whether it's a turbo 4, a v6, or a v8. That means they're gonna get the same mpg.

My car does 17 - 23 mpg and I don't care one bit. I fill it up when it's time and I enjoy driving it the way I want.

Just about everything in the performance class of the LGT gets similar fuel mileage. Look at some of the Car and Driver (or which ever mag you choose) comparisons between cars with similar weight and power... none of them are making significantly better numbers.

Also, the EPA tests are for crap in real-world driving. Even the stupid Prius can't match its EPA numbers in the real world. It gets in the low 40s as compared to the EPA's number of 60. Big difference.

Guest JessterCPA

It takes the same amount of gas & air to produce 250 hp whether it's a turbo 4, a v6, or a v8. That means they're gonna get the same mpg.

Doesnt gearing & weight have anything to do with it?

Jesse

man i have a pilot and that 3.5 v-6 is a gas hog.....mileage on the legacy is sweeeet

i am so glad i did my research in detail before i purchased this car (unlike the pilot)

I am loving this car with every mile. Only thing i feel bad about is how much i rev it.

I am afraid i will mess something up with all that flooring. For the money this car is the best buy out there.

for the price the only other options that make sense are

mazda 6

honda accord

nissan altima/base maxima

camry

I dont think so. none offer awd!!!!!!the accord v6 and mazda 6 are prolly the closest in fun to drive factor. For the nissans i havent driven those (but sat in them at auto shows and liked the space)and the camrys for old people.

Sure the subbie has less space but it gives me AWD and so much power and fun.

Then what's the purpose of having this car?? You should have just bought a Geo Metro if you were going to drive like that anyways!!!

The point? I don't HAVE to drive like that. Just as you don't have to drive like you are Colin McFKNrae on stage 24/7 while bitching about gasmilage.

More over, unlike most, I have already experience my LGT on a road course. STi rims and tires, GPMoto intake, and Unichip. NO suspension shit. Still plenty good to keep close to WRX's and STi's with full stage 3 kits, full coil overs, swaybars, etc. Only thing keeping me from matching them was my driving skill, and the lack of track oriented brakes. The handling out of the box is outstanding in almost all regards despite the floaty feel. The power is perfect for the track with the ability to pull from nearly any RPM which allows for more and better gear choices.

Anyhoo, keep your driving like an idiot to the track and you should see some good gas milage on the street (low 20's).

man i have a pilot and that 3.5 v-6 is a gas hog......

I've got the EXACT same vehicles at my home. And, you're right, the Pilot is a gas hog compared to the Legacy GT. Normally (highway), I get 24-25mpg in the Leg.

Luv that Pilot, though...got one of the best DVD setups I've seen:cool:

The point? I don't HAVE to drive like that. Just as you don't have to drive like you are Colin McFKNrae on stage 24/7 while bitching about gasmilage.

Anyhoo, keep your driving like an idiot to the track and you should see some good gas milage on the street (low 20's).

Just for the record, I never complained about the mileage. Come on, any car that runs the 1/4 in high 13's/low 14's stock cannot be expected to get good mileage. And for the record, I don't drive all crazy, I might get on the boost a bit but that's about it. I average about 20-23 mpg per tank on mixed highway/city driving. I miss the mileage of my civic, but the performance upgrade is way worth it!

1. The redline is two low - whenever I punch it, I run smack into the rev limiter. I am so unaccustomed to a 6500 redline, coming from my modded Integra (9500 RPM), my Toyota Matrix (8000 redline), and my M3 (8000 redline). It makes the LGT feel like a domestic witha 6500 redline

2. Wipers suck. They wipe fine in one direction, but streak in another. Also, the lack of a rain sensor to set the intermittent speed is noticeable, after getting accustomed to one.

3. The steering is way too soft/overboosted. You can't feel what the tires are doing.

4. The lack of auto up windows is really annoying. I could get that feature on a cheaper BMW 320i

5. The fuel comsumption is crazy. If you get into boost anytime, your average fuel consumption just keeps climbing.

Why don't you bitch about it?!?!?

:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

Archived