LegacyGT.com

My rants about the legacy

Overall I like the car... but all these little things make me resent it.

You resent the car because of little things like the wipers and the power windows? You must not be married...

Seriously, did any of you complainers actually test drive the car before you bought it? Sure, I'd rather have one touch up windows too, but I recognized what the car had and didn't have before I bought it, and decided that the little things didn't bug me that much. If they had, I would have bought something else. I just don't understand what the BFD is.

-Nick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess none of that matters and I should have somehow KNOWN that the car would be a LOT less than advertised from my cumlative 40 mins of driving experience in them before I bought it.

All of the things you've quoted can easily be discovered in 40 minutes. Did you know that even the gas mileage is stated in two inch high numbers in the middle of the window sticker?? Who would have thought that a heavier, more powerful car would get worse gas mileage than your last Civic????

-Nick

sounds to me that you need to go get you M3 back. I have no problems with the rpm range, windshield wipers??? I'm not sure, but I think you can go aftermarket without voiding your warranty on those. There are people the wish they had half the car we have and yet you sit here complaining. Go get your money back, buy two Honduh's, give one to a needy family and drive the other one around at 8000 rpm.

2. Wipers suck. They wipe fine in one direction, but streak in another. Also, the lack of a rain sensor to set the intermittent speed is noticeable, after getting accustomed to one.

I disagree with everything except this - the wipers are awful. I also hate with a passion how they freeze up when it's snowing even with the wiper heaters on. That drives me nuts.

- Mike

Yep, there are definetly some "things"...

...and their impact will vary greatly depending upon the needs and tastes of the individual.

I won't deny that there's stuff on my personal list that ranges from 'wish I had that' to 'downright annoying' - but then it all pretty much goes away when I drive it.

And driving it only makes me want to drive it more.

I somehow end up logging 50 miles returning a video to the joint a half mile down the road. Hell, last night I threw a load of laundry into the dryer and thought, "Hmmmm... I've got about 45 minutes - where could I cruise?"

I've liked a lot of things I've had on a lot of other cars, and I wouldn't mind if some of them were at my disposal now - but I've never been so affected - infected even - by any car before.

So there you have it. I am officially horizontally opposed, lovin that mad flat fat torque, watching the world slip away in the rearview...

I did the same thing the other day. "Hmmm...return videos, get new videos, drive for two hours through twisty canyon road, come home, sleep." Then, I go ahead and do it. I might as well cancel my blockbuster membership. I never watch movies anymore. I'm infected... :D

Yep, there are definetly some "things"...

...and their impact will vary greatly depending upon the needs and tastes of the individual.

I won't deny that there's stuff on my personal list that ranges from 'wish I had that' to 'downright annoying' - but then it all pretty much goes away when I drive it.

And driving it only makes me want to drive it more.

I somehow end up logging 50 miles returning a video to the joint a half mile down the road. Hell, last night I threw a load of laundry into the dryer and thought, "Hmmmm... I've got about 45 minutes - where could I cruise?"

I've liked a lot of things I've had on a lot of other cars, and I wouldn't mind if some of them were at my disposal now - but I've never been so affected - infected even - by any car before.

So there you have it. I am officially horizontally opposed, lovin that mad flat fat torque, watching the world slip away in the rearview...

I can't point to ANYTHING on this car that seriously bugs me. Always looking for a chance to drive it. Just drove 35 miles to to buy a Subaru cap for my wife (I know, I'm a romantic) when I could have driven 3 miles to the nearest dealer. Stealthy,smooth power and lots of it, great in the snow and lots of admiring looks from other drivers. No regrets.

I can't point to ANYTHING on this car that seriously bugs me. Always looking for a chance to drive it. Just drove 35 miles to to buy a Subaru cap for my wife (I know, I'm a romantic) when I could have driven 3 miles to the nearest dealer. Stealthy,smooth power and lots of it, great in the snow and lots of admiring looks from other drivers. No regrets.

How much did you get yours for? I wanted one, but not for $30

Don't forget VarioCam. And VANOS. And Double VANOS.

Do you mean Bi-VANOS like on the new E60 M5?

Song of Post- Bob Marley- Jammin'

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

sounds to me that you need to go get you M3 back. I have no problems with the rpm range, windshield wipers??? I'm not sure, but I think you can go aftermarket without voiding your warranty on those. There are people the wish they had half the car we have and yet you sit here complaining. Go get your money back, buy two Honduh's, give one to a needy family and drive the other one around at 8000 rpm.

I'm done with Hondas BTW here was my old one. I think that you need to drive a car with a high redline to see what I mean. BTW, having a high redline doesn't mean the torque curve wasn't flat, it was fairly flat, with a jump after VTEC.

M3 is stored for the winter, my '97 Legacy is braving the snow and salt :p See this thread

I think some of you fanboys need to get off the jock and realize all cars have shortcomings, even the best. Realize this and you can desensitize yourself to these horrible comments you witnesses that enraged you so much.

Song of Post- Bob Marley- Rastaman Chant

I think some of you fanboys need to get off the jock and realize all cars have shortcomings, even the best. Realize this and you can desensitize yourself to these horrible comments you witnesses that enraged you so much.

So lack of whining makes someone a fanboy? And because nothing seriously bugs me about my car I'm a fanboy? :rolleyes: If you are unhappy with your purchase, you have no one to blame but yourself. Lack of auto wipers, lack of HID headlights, and accurate MPG figures are all stated clearly on the window sticker.

Buying a car just to complain about things you knew it was lacking before you bought it is really, really lame.

-Nick

i wish it has the analog clock like the G35. ;)

but really, no car is perfect. I've read somewhere that an owner of the Carrera GT complained how hokey the clutch was that resulted in herky-jerky driving around town. And that the ground clearance was too low. for such $$$ car, it came with a wooden gear knob. :rolleyes:

The BMW website I saw called it Double VANOS. <shrug>

Well Double VANOS is also another system I just wasn't sure if you ment Bi-VANOS, I don't know I'm sorry what you said was right just wasn't sure if you ment that.

Song of Post- Bob Marley- We and Them

Man, threads like this never end good. Probably by the end of this, a moderator will have left. :(

/me is keeping his mouth shut!

I'll sum it up for you right now:

1) If you disagree with any points, you're a fanboy.

2) If you agree, you shouldn't have bought the car.

Blue dragon, it sounds like overall you like the car, I hope you continue enjoy it. Just don't take this thread too seriously.

If we are nitpicking.....

I hate the fact that there is no indentation in the roof liner to make it easier to get your fingers (especially gloved ones) under the visor to pull it down.

I hate that the car has no memory seats......

but I still lvoe my car :D

Well Double VANOS is also another system I just wasn't sure if you ment Bi-VANOS, I don't know I'm sorry what you said was right just wasn't sure if you ment that.

I think Double is in the M3 and Bi- is in the M5. Same thing, different motors.

I believe Bi-Vanos was introduced back in 1995 on the M3 and now is on a bunch of motors, M5 included. Double is on things like the M52 motor.

Edit: But then in some research I do I have heard it called just Double VANOS so I don't know its tough to get accurate information from the internet.

I am the number ONE FANBOI !!!!

but I also understand no car is perfect because we all have diffrent tastes...

I tend to agree with 2, 3 and 5

1) Bah I dont need to rev the crap out of it. I rather have torque. 1st gear dosent run out fast because it has a low redline it runs out fast cause It has torque. 1st gear running out at around 40 mph is not bad.

2) I agree the wipers would be better if they were made of paper mechee.

3) The steering ratio is good however I agree it feels a bit overboosted. It uses the same rack as the STI. Some say a performance alignment changes the feel completely Ill report back when I have a chance to get it done.

4) Honestly it dosent bother me at all... in fact I rather not have it. I don't want little children or people with minds of children getting caught in moving glass objects.

5) I wish gas were cheaper...

I have one to add...

6) The car is eqipped with the worst waste of the earths natural resources known to mankind. They are called RE-92's. They are AWFUL for this type of car. I wouldent wipe my diareha stained bum with them.

6) The car is eqipped with the worst waste of the earths natural resources known to mankind. They are called RE-92's. They are AWFUL for this type of car. I wouldent wipe my diareha stained bum with them.

I think everybody agrees on this one

Can't we all get along :lol:

I can't think of a single tire I would use to wipe my bum with. :lol:

But I've found a good use for my RE-92's. My buddy who is into drifting wants to buy my set :D

Archived