LegacyGT.com

08 STI Center Console Legacy Swap

Long Island Legacy

I was at the dealer today and noticed the 2008 center console is pretty much identical to the one we have in the legacy. All the way down to the rear seat cup holders. Looks like a direct fit. Plus it has a notch for our seat heat controls in the same spot and a Nicer SI drive controller.

Anyone think this will work

http://www.motivemag.com/Content/uploads/1/sti7_center.jpg

Intresting thought. I hadn't really thought about a switch like that. I bet it might fit. Just lots of parts, and big price tag.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Lol Why the Iceberg Urs1ne. :)

But seriosuly i spent a good two hours waiting around at the dealer today and From my comparison the 08 sti console would be a definite possibilty by the looks there are dimensionally identical & there is a dummy cover where our heated seat controls are so that would be a natural fit there. Plus the cool SI-drive controller. I would love to see a 08 sti center console taken out to see the clips and how similar to the legacy it really is.

Well, not if he does sti tranny swap with DCCD controller... and hooks up the stock 08 sti controls.

It's much easier to use an aftermarket DCCD controller like Spiider's when doing a 6 spd. swap or any tranny swap with DCCD.

It's much easier to use an aftermarket DCCD controller like Spiider's when doing a 6 spd. swap or any tranny swap with DCCD.

That's what I meant. Not easier, but virtually the only option on LGT. Spiider offers option to use factory controls (pre-08) - I guess 08+ would work, I doubt they would change them other than the shape.

I was one of the first to try the JDM bumper/tail lamp conversion and it cost a lot more than I thought and never ended up working and I got a bunch of BS advice. From now on I'm just going to sit back and wait for someone else to post a full walk through before I try a project like that. :p
^ n00bs below this line

Guys your missing the point. This is merely a thread about swapping the sti cup holder center cubby while utilizing the si drive controller. I would leave the dccd buttons there for show and i think they would come with the console. I'm not rdefring to any dash parts just the center part where your armrest is, just that unit nothing past the shifter area.

Why would you want the DCCD controls if you don't have DCCD?

that's what I was thinking. ??? and no, nothing is ever just "there." you have to buy all the little parts and pieces that go with the console. :(

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i'm interested in this for the opposite reason. I want the slide cup holder in my 08 2.5i impreza from the legacy. Question: Was there ever a coin holder insert in the place of the seat heater controls in the lower model? I could have sworn I've seen a legacy with a coin holder there, but I can't find any pictures of it anywhere.

• 8 months later...
Anyone tried? I am swapping in DCCD equipped tranny and could use nice controls. Spiider is going to work on hooking up 08+ buttons to his controller.

• 3 weeks later...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2471/3725848601_a9fe48525f.jpg

The legacy console in my impreza. The impreza console has 2 snaps on the front that are not there on the legacy. I had to cut off a piece of plastic on the trim to the right of the shifter that had a snap on it because the seat heater controls were hitting it. The front is not secure because the snap that is on the legacy doesn't exist on the impreza. I'd imagine that it'll be the same on the legacy, a little custom work...won't just be plug and play. I also had to repin the harness for the aux as the connector has different pinouts.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Bumping an old thread, because I USED SEARCH tool…

1492964_10153565235510366_1395142166_n.jpg?oh=85ad2f887abc59d4ae9f5e0de0f38332&oe=52A6DF24

So it is possible to mount this 08 STI center console Arm Rest PART in my 07 OBXT?

I can already feel the fire from the flamers commenting on why the hell I would want a DCCD control if I don't have one… Well I want a black interior and finding a 07+ console with an Si Button in black is harder than finding a 08 STI center console that comes in black…

Here is how my car is as of now, arm rest wrapped in alcantara, lower sides/cup holder rear are OEM black but as you can see the top is from my existing tan interior, I tried to paint it but it turned out this blehhh blu/blk color.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z166/dirtjumper202/Subaru/IMG_0541.jpg

Archived