LegacyGT.com

so when is subaru gonna reimburse us?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im not aware of any CV leakage on my car I was just under the car pretty recently looking around during an oil change... but we can def meet up some time. im taking class at quinnipiac all fall so i drive right to exit 26. I go to southington semi-regularly to see my engine builder. he used to live right across from the southington theater (the guy with all the dirtbikes etc infront of his house) but he moved like 5 minutes away from there up near exit 4 off 691

yeah its usually a problem when you get higher mileage. i know where that house is. you ever go to that subaru repair shop across the street? i always see some ancient subarus outside. quinnipiac is a nice campus. my wife and her brother graduated from there a few years ago.

yeah its usually a problem when you get higher mileage. i know where that house is. you ever go to that subaru repair shop across the street? i always see some ancient subarus outside. quinnipiac is a nice campus. my wife and her brother graduated from there a few years ago.

nah never been to the repair shop... I will get my diploma from Bryant University in RI but i had 1 class left to take so im transfering the credits from quinnipiac so I can live at home and commute. Quinnipiac does have a nice capus i wouldnt have minded going here either...

My family has never had a FWD or AWD vehicle that has gone over 120k miles without a CV boot replacement. Inspect it early and often, and if it looks like it's going, get it replaced.

I check the front CV boots with every oil change. Easy as pie.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

speak of the devil, i checked mine today, and it looks like it's taking a dump -- guess my milage...

the rubber still seems like it's in excellent pliable shape though :confused:...

but the dark greenish vomit on/around it looks like $$$ to me.

i was under there not too long ago, and didn't see anything bad -- here's the question: how do i know how far it's gone, and what i will have to replace?

*nm, i found a thread -- 'cv' is fun to search for ;)*

Some shops will not replace axle boots. They replace the entire thing. I am not sure if that is going on with the OP or not. We replace just the boot if we catch it in time. I have worked for smaller shop that replace the axle and be done with it.

Replacing the shaft seems to be a rip-off.

453747.png

• 2 weeks later...

my driver axle is currently clicking

My family has never had a FWD or AWD vehicle that has gone over 120k miles without a CV boot replacement

must have never owned a toyota, my 93 camry's axles started clicking at 175k

my driver axle is currently clicking

must have never owned a toyota, my 93 camry's axles started clicking at 175k

When it clicks, that means whoever has been servicing your car is not doing their job. You should catch that long before it clicks if they are looking it over.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived