LegacyGT.com

Scary Blowout on the Jersey Turnpike

Are the stick type really that unreliable?? :confused:

meh, friends have said so, and out of the several I've used, I have recorded very varying results when testing tires (e.g. differences of 5PSI when measuring the same tire, within the same minute). YMMV.

Yes, I know, my tires are RE960's which are much better than the 92's.

I am pretty sure that most of the coupe BMWs have runflats with some green goo in their trunks in case they need to fix a flat.

My tire gauge is digital and is fairly accurate - I just failed to check the pressure before my return trip.

That tire looks like it was shot a long time ago. I had a similar experience on my Acura. Was driving home and heard a slapping sound, turns out the rubber was really worn on the inside part of the tires and the rubber was starting to peel off, and the belts were exposed.

:confused:

what kind of bmw are you talking about that doesnt have a spare tire

even my buddys m3 has a place for a spare.. doesnt mean he keeps one there but its got room for it

All BMW's sold in North America now have runflats and no spare. They have a well for the spare tire, as the spare is reportedly still available in Europe on some configurations.

next time you change a tire on the highway with little should room, make everyone in the car gets out and stand 50 ft behind the car and off the road as far as possible. safer than bein in the car when it is hit. at least they live to tell everyone else what happened to you.

i had to change a tire on I76 in philly with almost no shoulder at 2 am with drunk drivers passing by. one side of my car was against the wall and the drivers side wheels were on the line. i had to change the tire from inside the lane. took me a half hour cause i could only do it in short spurts while no cars were coming. very scary moment. made my gf stand way behind the car against the wall in case it was hit.

All BMW's sold in North America now have runflats and no spare. They have a well for the spare tire, as the spare is reportedly still available in Europe on some configurations.

that i did not know..

a friend of mine works for a tow company and was just doing his job pickin up a broken down car on the highway (rt 146 for anyone in MA) at around 3 am.. some drunk ass in a lincoln navigator crashed into them and now my friend will never be the same..

there is real danger while in the shoulder lane of a highway especially at night everyone should take PhillyWilly's advice and tell passengers to get out of the car and on the other side of the barrier if possible and only try to change the tire when there is no traffic coming..

i hear reports at least twice a year about somone being hit while stopped on the shoulder of 76 (where i was). its a horrible road. bad accidents occur weekly.

earlier this year a drunk woman killed a cop that was sitting on the side of the road, with lights on, in front of a construction crew. didnt see the lights or construction crew, let alone the car. dont assume that people see you. its not worth it.

Are the Kumhos all season high performance tires? we get some slippery stuff down here in DC from time to time and I live in a condo so I have little room for summer/winter tires. A good friend of mine recommended Kumhos since they have a great performance bang for the buck. I am going to wait another 5k miles before getting new tires since they actually have a few millimeters of tread left (the tread in the picture looks much more worn than they actually are).

Yeah those tires are def. all season. I wouldn't have bought them if they weren't. I live in Toledo, Ohio just 40 miles south of Detroit and believe me, we get some crazy weather here. Good luck with your tire purchase! Sorry I responded so late... Was out of town and just watched my Toledo Rockets stun the Michigan Wolverines at the Big House. Go Rockets!

Archived