LegacyGT.com

Best type of portable hose?

I live in a condo community and have an area (spigot) where we can wash our cars. We need to bring our own hose. I ahve a regualr 50' garden hose I haul in my car and then down to the wash area. That garden hose sucks the big one. It is not very easy to coil and it is awkward.

Anyone have a 'portable' hose that works well? I have seen those roll up hoses that coil into the box but was not sure if it's any good?

Rehab is for quitters.

You shouldn't use the "regular 50' garden hose" to wash your car. Use the bucket method for washing and a non garden hose for rinsing. No portable hos here but we have 2 water hoses, both on "made in china" cheap plastic reels in boxes. You're more than welcome to use and keep 1 or both of the reels, I don't like them......

Garden hose isn't bad but OP wrote "That garden hose sucks the big one. It is not very easy to coil and it is awkward." So he ought to stay away from garden hoses

Simple solution: Walk down to the "area" when another person is using whatever hose and ask to use it after them. Better yet, propose a community car wash day and have an outside party to boot......Peace

if i had to carry around my hose i too would probably just use the spring coiled ones.

and use the Griot's 9 position nozzle with the soap dispenser built-in. then you

wont need a bucket. i mean, i would obviously use 2 bucket method on my hobby

cars, but on a daily driver who cares.

Home Depot or Lowes has a portable garden hose model, think it was about $35.

It has 65' of regular graden style hose that retracts onto a reel in a plastic box. The whole assembly is probably about 20" tall by about 7" wide. I can take a few pictures of mine that I used back during my apartment days. I do like the models that the hose can fold flat though as shown in an earlier post, they are much more compact and probably don't hold any water after the fact to drain out in the back of your car.

Found a link, it's nothing special but it works.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=84955-302-2388100&lpage=none

Archived