LegacyGT.com

good exhaust??

sorry if this is an old topic... im new to the forum and the search i did didnt turn up much.

so anyway i just purchased my first suby ( and for the record i am in love with it) its an 09 Legacy 2.5SE, and im lookin to get a better sound out of it. I dont really fell like dropping the 1100 to get the STI cat back exhaust, like i prob should, and I was wondering what type of exhaust i could put on it to give it a nice sound. Im not looking for that obnoxiously loud pipe that you hear from 5 blocks away, just something that lets you know im coming :)

any help would be great and video clips would be even better!! thanks guys

I don't know how it sounds on a 2.5i, but the Borla exhaust I just put on is the exact sound I was looking for. It is quiet enough that it wont wake the neighbors, but has a beautiful deep rumble to it. It can get some volume to it if you get on it, though. Search youtube for Legacy exhaust and you'll come up with a variety of responses. Also look into the Intake / Exhaust forum for more answers lots of info there, as well as in the reviews section above (link is along the top bar).

I believe Perrin is also a similar exhaust note with quiet(er) sound. If you have a good sound system set up to your computer youtube is your friend.

+1 for the hogzawst. as a theory it sounds silly. in real life, hell its only $0.28 so why not spend 10 minutes and try it out. if you dont like it, spend 10 minutes and take them back off. I've had the washers on my car for about 8 months. Just took them off to go for inspection... as soon as i pass, i'll put them back on.

+1 for the hogzawst. as a theory it sounds silly. in real life, hell its only $0.28 so why not spend 10 minutes and try it out. if you dont like it, spend 10 minutes and take them back off. I've had the washers on my car for about 8 months. Just took them off to go for inspection... as soon as i pass, i'll put them back on.

I agree mine sounds WAY better now with the HogZaust.

If you dont need the power, hogzaust FTMFW! I cant tell you how many people comment on how aggressive my exhaust sounds, while not being a whiny little can rattle. If its still not loud enough for you, more washers :) Up to 4 washers per bolt from what I've heard. But just 2 washers per bolt sounds really really nice for sure. Love it and wont go back to stock :)
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

STROMUNG!!!!

it looks and sounds the best, I had the Stromung catback and Borla header on my 2.5RS and anyone that heard it would tell you it was as good as a Subaru can possibly sound. But if you want just the catback the Stromung twin tip is the way to go. They are harder to find than things like Borla and GReddy but they are worth every penny.

I am actively searching for one for my LGT.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbmFfS7rTRo]YouTube - subaru legacyy!!!![/ame]

^ n00bs below this line

borla has a great tone, and not too loud. no drone either. go to the reviews section and it will show you what ppl thought of their cat back. i know i will probably have to go with louder shit someday. my gf made me get this.:spin:. i love it, but i would love to be louder. it is loud enough though. keeps me out of trouble i guess.

Archived