LegacyGT.com

Help fixing crooked tail pipes, Boston area

snow05gtRI

Anyone in the Boston area have some time maybe during the day tomorrow (Friday) / the means to fix crooked tail pipes? I had body work done recently from an accident and I had them put a Borla exhaust on. At first glance I didn't notice, but then after driving it for a day and finally stepping back around my car, the driver's side tail pipe sticks out about a half an inch further, and is also a half inch to an inch lower than the passenger tail pipe. the passenger side looks like it's sitting properly in the cutout, although a little crooked, but the driver's side is really out of place. I don't have ramps/whatever to lift the car, nor the tools to fix it. I was wondering if anyone in the area might be able to help me straighten them out. I'll try to make it worth your while...

Thanks.

PS. I'll try to get pictures up later tonight. By the time I get home from work it's usually dark out so its tough. The pipes are definitely not loose as I tried to move it and it's on tight.

You should really make the body shop heat up the metal hanger and bend it to fit properly. Without a torch you can only manipulate the alignment by using different holes in the rubber hanger.
enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

yeah....it wasnt really budging to come out of the rubber hanger. i'm bringing it to the body shop now, i really hope they can fix this today and not waste all the light. i need to install my intake today so i can load up my AP stage 1 tune...

Archived