LegacyGT.com

What spring to get?

FASTONE

Hello everybody, i recently purchaged a 05 LGT and want to add just springs to lower the car a bit, i will get a full coilovers later, for now i just want a springs with about 1-1.5 inch drop, i would like keep all the other parts stock, what are a good ones to have, still want the comfy ride(somwhat), i heard of Tein, cobb and pinks, please post if you just changes the springs. Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Swift makes some nice springs that lower the car about 1.3" and are designed to work well with the stock struts/shocks on the car. I highly recommend them.

Tony

Swifts are NOT designed for stock USDM struts. They will kill them in no time. Swifts work quite well with more aggersively dampended strusts like JDM SpecB or aftermarket HD. Even the stock USDM SpecB Bilsteins are too soft for Swifts.

from what i've read the h-techs on an LGT would be similar to the results of a pro-kit on a honda. i had an accord with a pro-kit and it rode pretty much like stock with a little drop.

i have the h-techs in my garage just waiting for me to buy koni inserts so i can put them on the car so i have no first hand experience. when i was putting together my suspension plan thats what i gathered would give a nice moderate drop, less body roll, better handling while keeping the ride quality.

i installed a set of Tein H-Techs about a month ago and they really help to level out the car on my stock struts. I read that the H-techs were designed with USDM struts in mind, so they do work out real well. i am still constantly amazed by the amount of grip gained by removing the soft stock springs.

Swift makes some nice springs that lower the car about 1.3" and are designed to work well with the stock struts/shocks on the car. I highly recommend them.

Tony

Swifts are def a great spring I have them on my car, but the drop is def a lot more than 1.3 inches..... I can barely squeeze half of my finger in the front between the tire and fender

I'd only recomend Swifts or STi pinks...anything else and you won't be happy.

I run STi pinks (w/JDM Bilsteins) on my Leggy and Swifts with the stock struts (with no problems) on my Foz. The Leggy is very firm, the Foz rides just like stock...but lower...

hows the swift compare to pinks, also swift are more $$$, tein is a trusted brand, i cant make up my mind...

I wouldn't trust Tein's on my lawn mower:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97242

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96693

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94584

and personal experience with them...they have one purpose, to lower the car. Very little engineering is put into them to actually improve handling IMHO.

The Swifts on stocks have a slightly more firm and significantly better planted ride than stock. Less body roll, more control than stock.

The Pinks on Bilsteins are very firm, not uncomfortable but you feel every charactersitic of the road surface. Handling is very neutral and the car is very planted and predictable.

I've driven cars with Swifts, STi pinks, Eibachs, H&R's, Whitelines, Prodrives, Cobb's and Teins and the Teins were the absoulte worst of them all.

"I've driven cars with Swifts, STi pinks, Eibachs, H&R's, Whitelines, Prodrives, Cobb's and Teins and the Teins were the absoulte worst of them all."

Opie, since you tried all of them, how do Eibach and H&R feels, i think swifts, cobb or pinks will be too low for me, i want a 1'' drop not 2''. and can you reorder them from liked best to worse if they are not already. Thank you

Not doubting Opie's opinion or experience regarding the TEINs but all of the examples provided are for S-Techs not H-Techs.

I personaly wouldnt get the pinks just from other peoples experience, not that they dont perform well but its at a price of ride comfort. it all depends on what youre looking for in your suspension setup. I notice Opie is in Florida and I would have to think the roads in FL are much better then you'll find inthe NE part of the country or areas that have snow/ice in the winter.

Fastone I'm not sure whate part of the country your from or the road conditions you see but you may want to talk to others in your area to see what they're running. someone local may even be willign to give youa ride so you can feel for yourself.

I just think suspension mods are very subjective to the user, one setup can feel amazing for some but too rough for others. Just my $.02

thats the good and the bad regarding a forum, just when you think you figured it all out you read something else and it changes everything. lol well good luck with whatever you decide.

unclemat - I'll take your word for it. pretty much snow/ice/salt = sh*t roads, but I like it cold at XMas so I'll live with it :)

Archived