LegacyGT.com

What spring to get?

FASTONE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get me started on Wal Mart. That's an evil company and the way they do business is even worse. Thankfully, this isn't the political forum so I won't go into it here.

Paisan - I've "known" you "virtually" for quite a few years now from the Edmunds Subaru forums, NASIOC and I was really happy to see you get a newer LGT and join us here on LegacyGT.com. Your knowledge and experience are definitely in the top 1% around here. Thank you for sharing with us.

You too Underdog! ;)

FASTONE - Thanks for getting those H-techs and sharing the pics and your impressions.

Cheers!

Yeah most stock struts don't do well with aftermarket springs, unless the spring is designed for a stock strut.

With that said, which springs will work great with our stock equipment? I thought I read that the H-techs are designed to work with the stock struts? Correct? Incorrect? I just don't want to have to deal with a blown strut 6 months from now. Please adivse.

h-tech prolly the best ones to use with the stock struts

What makes you say that? Not busting balls but if you make a statement like that it's a good idea to back it up with a reason so when someone does a search they'll know why they are or are not good to go with the stock struts.

-mike

Well, first of all they were made to work with stock struts, unlike s-type, cobb, swift, sti pinks, and the list goes on, so i can conclude that if you keeping stock struts like me, you have to eaither go h-techs or eibach or just leave it stock, beacuse it feeels better then stock, id say that for the what i need them for they are the best. May be not when you compair them to full coilovers or $1000 set up, but for $200 you cant beat it, just my opinion.

Well, first of all they were made to work with stock struts, unlike s-type, cobb, swift, sti pinks, and the list goes on, so i can conclude that if you keeping stock struts like me, you have to eaither go h-techs or eibach or just leave it stock, beacuse it feeels better then stock, id say that for the what i need them for they are the best. May be not when you compair them to full coilovers or $1000 set up, but for $200 you cant beat it, just my opinion.

Must something new, but indeed Tein USA lists them for USDM LGT. In the past Tein Japan listed them only JDM GT and not 2.0i (which shares suspension with USDM GT).

It does not change the fact that puting lowering springs on stock dampeners is a dumb idea.

Well, first of all they were made to work with stock struts, unlike s-type, cobb...

COBB springs were designed for US struts.

Directly from COBB:

"The COBB Tuning Sport Springs are a direct replacement for the factory springs, and work in conjunction with the factory struts to reduce ride height, center of gravity, and give a vehicle a sporty ride. Road Handling is improved while body roll is reduced, making this a very popular upgrade item for all enthusiasts."

COBB springs were designed for US struts.

Directly from COBB:

"The COBB Tuning Sport Springs are a direct replacement for the factory springs, and work in conjunction with the factory struts to reduce ride height, center of gravity, and give a vehicle a sporty ride. Road Handling is improved while body roll is reduced, making this a very popular upgrade item for all enthusiasts."

Still doesn't mean it's a good idea to put them on the stockers.

Still doesn't mean it's a good idea to put them on the stockers.

I'm not saying it is. I was just pointing out his error in saying h-techs are the only springs designed for use on stock US struts.

I think the obvious point here is that the stock US KYB struts are not very good, to put it mildly.

Archived