LegacyGT.com

2010 MazdaSpeed6

We won't be getting an MS6 that the rest of the world has. It's going to be tough to sell a small mazda, with less powerful engine(it's not 280 HP, it's 280 PS<-which is the gentleman's restriction on power for japanese cars). Compared to the bigger American model, which has a 272 HP V6.

^

The old model wasn't small, it was a midsize car. It is now a large car. And I know the USDM model is bigger. However the pics "looked" like the bigger model to me. So perhaps we could be getting it.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/220947/new_mazdas_at_double.html

"pumping out around 280bhp"

^

The old model wasn't small, it was a midsize car. It is now a large car. And I know the USDM model is bigger. However the pics "looked" like the bigger model to me. So perhaps we could be getting it.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/220947/new_mazdas_at_double.html

"pumping out around 280bhp"

It would be very stupid for Mazda USA, to market a turbo 4 cylinder car against a big V6 with nearly the same power.

Mazda would have to be suicidal, if they decided to do that. Crap, they already had enough problems as it was, to sell the original USDM MS6.

^ Subaru did it with the legacy. And looks like the H6 might be gone in the "new" legacy...not the turbo 4.;)

The H6 in the Legacy wasn't sold as the "sports" version and the 6 was meant to compete with Camry, Accord, Altima. Also, the last MS6 was a huge failure for Mazda in North America. I don't recall the last time that Legacy had the H6 in North America;)

The H6 in the Legacy wasn't sold as the "sports" version and the 6 was meant to compete with Camry, Accord, Altima. Also, the last MS6 was a huge failure for Mazda in North America. I don't recall the last time that Legacy had the H6 in North America;)

I would think the H6 Legacy like the Mazda 6 (V6) was meant to compete with Camry, Accord and the Altima which feature a V6 option.

I'm not sure of your meaning about the appearance of the H6. 2005(edit) the H6 was in the Outback. 2008 it became an option in the Legacy sedan.

I would think the H6 Legacy like the Mazda 6 (V6) was meant to compete with Camry, Accord and the Altima which feature a V6 option.

Not really.... The Legacy(in any engine trim), is more of a 3 series, A4, skyline/G35/37, C class competitor then competition for big FWD family cars. Although, you need to look at it from a world car perspective and not the US.

^ I think most consumers think "small", "medium" and "large" when buying a sedan. And it's hard in their minds to put a Subaru in same class as an Audi or BMW...a nice car, but simply isn't there yet. (28K-30K car vs. 3 series and Audi which can reach into the low 40's)

http://www.edmunds.com/finder/type.sedan.html;f=%2Busein%3Anew?cat=Sedan&reFacet=VehicleType%3ASedan&p=cvehicledata%23%23-1%23%231%7E%7Ef64%7C%7C536564616e%7E%7Enf51%7C%7C4d696473697a65

^ I think most consumers think "small", "medium" and "large" when buying a sedan. And it's hard in their minds to put a Subaru in same class as an Audi or BMW...a nice car, but simply isn't there yet. (28K-30K car vs. 3 series and Audi which can reach into the low 40's)

http://www.edmunds.com/finder/type.sedan.html;f=%2Busein%3Anew?cat=Sedan&reFacet=VehicleType%3ASedan&p=cvehicledata%23%23-1%23%231%7E%7Ef64%7C%7C536564616e%7E%7Enf51%7C%7C4d696473697a65

The NA FWD "mid sized" cars are alot bigger then the LGT and like I mentioned before, you have to think about a world perspective. LGT conforms to the size of many of world entry lux cars. In Japan the LGT is consider to be a competitor to the 3 series.

The NA FWD "mid sized" cars are alot bigger then the LGT and like I mentioned before, you have to think about a world perspective. LGT conforms to the size of many of world entry lux cars. In Japan the LGT is consider to be a competitor to the 3 series.

I would have to disagree. Most are bigger but I wouldn't say alot. It's not like they're a Crown Vic or something. I don't have to think about **** :lol: (just kidding). LGT conforms to the size of many world entry lux cars...ok, but the Legacy is not a Luxury car. In Japan the LGT has better styling inside, more available add on parts and a firmer suspension.

Back to the MS6. Will we see this thing or not?

Archived