LegacyGT.com

OMG They Keep Getting Heavier! - LGT Model Year & Trim Differences

cyniclaus

Of course they handle better, although it depends on particular model and the road surface.

Besides, are you bragging about your Porsche? I don't see relveance to LGT sedan vs. wagon or LGT vs. LGT SpecB.

:woowoo:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too clarify the Porsche comment. Just wanted to say that neither Legacy handles very well compared to sports cars. After driving my Porsche, my Subarus feel quite inferior in handling, whatever the suspension. Maybe lowered with wider wheels I'd feel a bit differently. We were discussing the suspension issue. My LGT was worse in turns & twisties than the Spec B that's for sure, however the Spec B needs a coil over to be a summer/winter ace. Just put my money into power mods for now. The Spec B just felt slower than my old LGT. I transfered over all the mods, so it was apples to apples. The TMIC, =length headers, turbo inlet and Protune changed that at some cost. You'd think they'd make the Spec B faster than a LGT. Basically its a luxury version with more weight, a 6 speed, nice pedals, nav, STI style suspension & better looks at a big cost differential. I bought the car at invoice under the VIP progam and the dealer switched my mods (MANY) for a pittance as an incentive, so the differential wasn't much for me. I got more than the '05 LGT was really worth on the trade as well making the delta even smaller. Knowing that the clutch was going, I was glad I unloaded it. Turned out the engine mounts were shot too. Needed body work for which they dinged me $800, but it costs them $1,800 to repair. Glad I traded up.

The Diamond Grey looks clean all the time as long as waxed. It's dark, so that pleasantly surpised me. I was going to go silver because it always looks relatively clean. My wifes OBXT is silver & the grey even stays cleaner looking. Classy color.

So it has the exact same seats as the GT aside from the color? 2 different Spec B owners told me they were more supportive seats than the GTs.

I believe the 08 3.0R has the same seats as the GT. I owned a 3.0R for about 12K miles and I can tell you the SpecB does have more supportive seats. They seem to be more supportive on the sides.

Subaru is coming out with a sports car in a joint venture with Toyota. Each will distribute their own version. Understand they are not AWD. I read about it online and confirmed with a dealer friend. Think it is going to be a hardtop for starters at least. No pictues available that I've seen. Hope it's a nice looking car.

Subaru is coming out with a sports car in a joint venture with Toyota. Each will distribute their own version. Understand they are not AWD. I read about it online and confirmed with a dealer friend. Think it is going to be a hardtop for starters at least. No pictues available that I've seen. Hope it's a nice looking car.

yeah u can read about it on here, theres a thread all about it...

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68080&highlight=subaru+toyota+sports

I believe the 08 3.0R has the same seats as the GT. I owned a 3.0R for about 12K miles and I can tell you the SpecB does have more supportive seats. They seem to be more supportive on the sides.

Good luck convincing unclemat. :lol:

Braille B2015, RBS grill, Borla CBE, Zero/Sports rad shroud, Hayden TC, Group A crank & alt pulley - Mike

I used to have an '05 LGT limited, and when I first got the '06 Spec B I thought that the seats looked and felt a different shape - very similar, but the bolsters on the sides seemed to go higher up and have a little more contour... It could just be in my head though.

I used to have an '05 LGT limited' date=' and when I first got the '06 Spec B I thought that the seats looked and felt a different shape - very similar, but the bolsters on the sides seemed to go higher up and have a little more contour... It could just be in my head though.[/quote']

good possibility...:lol:, maybe somebody can find Vimmy im sure he knows the answer

Archived