LegacyGT.com

Lgt (1 ) Srt-4 (1)

Finally caught an SRT at a light today! I was with my girl and her friend coming back from the store (groceries in the back and everything) and it pulls up to me on my left. I knew right away it was an SRT cause the gargle it made. I look over and this guy is ready.

The first thing I hear when he pulled up was "You're not going to race him are you?!!" from my girl and I said no of course not :redface: . Well the nice thing about the Leggy is that the engine is so quiet you can rev it up and not really hear it over the music. So I'm secretly revin up to about 3-3.5k and when the light goes green I fly out of there. A light feathering and then just heavy on the pedal and I was gone.

Right off the bat I pulled 2-3 cars and then continued to pull slowly through 2nd and 3rd. By the time I shifted to 4th the race was clearly over. I'd say at the end of the race I was up 3 cars. Then I caught another red light and he pulls up again. This time the light turned green right as I stopped so I punched it quickly but bogged bad. But he only jumped about a car length when my turbo finally started pulling and the momentum started to turn in my favor. But then it happened.......I missed 2nd.........TWICE!! And it was pretty much over from there.

No excuses LGT vs SRT (1-1). Not bad.

My friend has an SRT4 - I always get him off the line, but when we do a pull from 60 on the freeway he slowly pulls - stock to stock. Too bad about missing 2nd... though I don't really know what it means to miss a gear twice - I'm guessing you just tried missed, paused, reassured your gf that you still weren't racing, tried again, missed, paused, took a smoke, then got it? Oh well, I'm just giving you a hard time

"memo to self.....don't buy a used vehicle...."

What the hell is that supposed to mean??!! Anyways yeah SRTs are fast much respect for their speed. I just like having a bit more luxury.

And to clarify I missed second and then tried to put it into gear and missed 2nd again. Thats what twice means. It doesn't happen often but it happened this time.

The jokes are very amusing.

"memo to self.....don't buy a used vehicle...."

What the hell is that supposed to mean??!! Anyways yeah SRTs are fast much respect for their speed. I just like having a bit more luxury.

It means when you buy a used car you don’t know how the previous owner drove it. In many cases (not necessarily this one ;) ) they beat the piss out of it, ie racing against faSta3r cars. Do you want a used car someone else beat the piss out of? I would change that to don’t buy a used sports car, better?

Oh I see. Well I really don't drive my car that hard. This is actually the first time I have launched it. But I agree it is better to buy a car new than deal with problems that were brought on before you.

However about that comment I'm sure we all get on it from time to time and drive our cars hard. If not why did you buy a performance car? Its about moderation but with out getting on it here and there you can't really enjoy the best part about the car.

About missing the shift yes it is trying to shift too fast and engaging at just the right point.

I've missed second once.. I had the stock shifter, and sometimes it just doesn't "go" and is also very vague, so it was only half way engaged when I let the clutch out. I was granny shifting too. I doubt I would have missed if "going for the gold". At least the 3rd-4th shift doesn't go anywhere near engaging when it doesn't "go" so I haven't missed that, my left foot gets the "abort" signal loud and clear. Although I can see doing it.

Archived