LegacyGT.com

HELP with swifts sport mach

Dkim05

I recently put on some swift springs on my stock gt struts. After a while I started to notice that they were really floaty. Sometime so bad that I get carsick FAIL! Any suggestions I'm looking into possibilities already looking at bilstein rev a struts. Got my springs off ebay could they be knock offs?

I have Swifts on stockers....VERY stiff but should be tight.

I DO get a lot of bounce when I go over expansion joints...we have a bridge here that has about 1/4 mile of expansion joints and the car bounces...I guess 'cause the sprgins are so tight...GL

Rehab is for quitters.

When you say "floaty" do you mean it feels like riding on a cloud floaty or do you mean you feel like the car loses traction when you hit bumps (especially while cornering) floaty. If it's the first, I have no idea because swifts definitely give you a tighter than stock feel. If it's the second, get some new struts. I just put the Konis in and I am very happy w/ them.

I know you weren't asking me, but don't worry about tearing down the old struts.

There are six notable steps:

1. Remove struts from car and clean them off (mark the camber adjustment bolt location first!)

2. Remove tophats and springs

3. Drill hole in bottom (14mm IIRC, large clearance hole, minimum accuracy required)

4. Measure down from top of strut body and cut with sawz-all or tubing cutter (rough cut)

5. Slide in new inserts and bolt to strut body through the hole you drilled in the bottom.

6. Reassemble strut and install into car.

Archived