LegacyGT.com

Subaru cruise control sucks

mine has a faulty wire or connection in the decel, but the dealer never notices because the sausage fingered tech just applies a hell of alot of force and says it engages. But i don't feel the need to almost bend the lever in half to decel, it didn't do this when I first got it.

I tell you what sucks is the new style cruise control buttons on the 08s.. god I hate those its in the way and looks hard to use..

i love the cruise lever on my 05. Great location, easy to use and memorize..I've never had trouble with it like you're describing? :confused:

Every time I visit family I use cruise for about 2.5 hrs. Its spot on.. it holds the speed up hills down hills and flat.. its great compared to the GM and ford stuff I came from.. my ford would drop 10-15mph to go up a hill on cruise before it would downshift and then would coast 10-15 up speed going down hills..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I too had a BMW prior to the LGT...the Beemer CC didn't work at all...it kept shorting the fuses and finally had to be replaced altogether. The Subaru CC is the best one I have ever used and I use it all the time. Could this be a "User problem" that you are experiencing???????? :(:(

I never thought of that. Maybe I'm pressing the lever incorrectly. :lol:

Ours is essentially broken as of this past weekend. A CEL last week that disappeared a day latter and then cruise control will hold for only 2 secs to about 15mins.

I will wait till my 60k service to get it sorted out as I think they check the codes anyway and hopefully the charge will be less to address at the dealer.

That sounds like the "neutral switch" problem. IIRC there was a service bulletin about it.

I've long suspected this, but I've been on the road a lot this week with my CarPC going, so I've had time to test some theories and watch SSM parameters... Specifically I've been watching the 'memorized cruise speed' SSM parameter. Plenty of times now I have hit the 'Accel' lever, and when I released the lever the memorized speed was lower than before. WTF?

quote]

After reading this, I tried using the Accel lever. I notice it is delayed a few secs. Didn't even know about until now though :lol:

Archived