LegacyGT.com

Newbie w/ a few questions...

doublel9

Hey y'all. You folks on this site got me wanting a Leggy Limi Stick Sedan when my Saab 9-5 lease expires. Here's a shout out for some answers from you Subes:;)

1. How much faster is the Sedan than the Wagon, comparably equipped of course:confused:.

2. What, if any, is the cornering, handling or road feel difference between the Sedan and the Wagon:confused:

3. Why is the color selection so piss poor:confused: Two blue's but no green or charcoal/pewter:mad: What gives with such a bad palette:( What chance that new colors arrive for 06?

4. What chance does '06 have of getting split/fold down backseat? This is the only non-feature of Leggy that irks me:eek:

My car decisions are made in this order: Handling capability, Interior appointment, Speed/Acceleration and Exterior Color. If I don't give up too much in Handling and Speed to the wagon, i may consider it to compensate for the lack of split/fold down. Sedan looks WAY better, though and maybe the 06's add what I want:cool:.

Thanking all you most excellent Subes in advance for your replies:p

DoublelL

i've never driven the Wagon so i can't say how it compares -- however i will say that the rear seats not folding down really does irk me as well. It was pretty interesting trying to find space for a 4 foot long box in my car. Luckily thier won't be that many times i need to haul big things around.

1. No real difference is speed. The wagon weighs 65lbs. more. You have to factor in the weight of the driver, manual vs auto, etc.

2. My opinion; Subaru did a great job in the great handling without sacrificing ride comfort. The only thing that lags from the JDM is the rear swaybar (17mm vs 20mm); which makes a big difference. Oh yeah, the tires are marginal too.

3. No rumors on what will be available for the color. Do a search on the web. I have no problem with the color.

4. I hope Subaru listens up with the seats. They had the same issue with the WRX; which I owned prior to the Legacy. I drive a wagon for a couple reason, including the seats.

Go for a test drive, and drive both manual and auto, highway and street.

Good luck, and welcome.

Archived