LegacyGT.com

I believe you guys/gals now on MPG

Hi I took a trip to Burlington VT with family this weekend from coastal NH. The car managed 27MPG the entire trip(200 miles), trip meter happened to reset just before trip. The average typically is 23MPG for my wife driving overall.

I really did not believe 27 MPG was possible.

The bummer was cruise died about 1/2 way into the trip. So here I am searching about for a reason.....

Yeah I'm quite impressed with that too. Took my car up to Ann Arbor, MI which was about an hour and a half drive one way and got 25 mpg. This was with 7-Eleven Premium gas. I took it back up there a week later using Shell V-Power and got 27 mpg. Same driving and all in cruise. Gas was just much better.

Well, it can get over 600 miles for really large values of 300 times two, so ...

I can top that, 1050 round trip to Minnesota and back. Averaged only 26mpg though but with 3 people in the car, trunk full of luggage and Ikea crap and me cruising at 75mph or over, so that 3k rpm or more. And this was on the Cobb OTS Stage 2 map running pig rich.

So far though I think my PDX Stg2 map that's more specific to my car has gotten me better averages in town, I gotta test the theory on the highway though, something I haven't done yet.

yeah i dont think ive used cruise control for more than 20 minutes each roadtrip though.:lol: I like to pass.

Ehh me too, but to me that gets annoying after awhile. Having to constantly adjust your speed for every little thing. I say screw it, people can go around me if they want. Thats why there is two lanes. Now we just need an auto-pilot option!

On the highway, if you don't tax it... it is a 4 cylinder 2 and change litre displacement engine albeit a heavy SOB with low close gears.

Down to Florida and back 1250+1250 = 2500 miles :) I averages 25.3 MPG. Speeds ranging from 79-99 typically. Very little traffic. Although for the first bit (Southwest CT -> Long Island ~ 2 hrs of driving) I've averaged up to 35 MPG @ 55 mph and usually following a Tahoe or Suburban in the traffic.

My best in town is 17ish though. Lots of red lights with axle squat following... :)

Archived