LegacyGT.com

ATTN: Tide, gumby, and the moderating team.

RaGe

I think that if we start to use vendor reviews (maybe make a thread for each vendor), then poor performace and customer interactions can be documented. Likewise... positive transactions would also be documented.

Members could look over the post and make their OWN decisions about whether or not they want to deal with that vendor. It would be members policing the vendors...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

You could do this with a Sticky: (vendor name) review thread .... or you could do it via iTrader ratings for that vendor.

Opinions?

i can see where you are going with this. i think it would be a very good start. in the sub topic forums sticky a review section with a noted link to the good or bad. But correct me if i am wrong. dont the vendors have to PAY extra for their own sub forum?

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah but if you click the home button, on the right it says site sponsor. if chad deemed them worthy enough to sponsor this site, then he is also basically vouching for them. which i found out 1) dont listen to chad and 2) some of these vendors just flat out suck.

OTM.

take for example. here a while back i ordered a GFB BOV from ralliTEK. placed the order gave them the credit card number etc.... so i am waiting and waiting, then a couple days later i get the email conformation, and it says back ordered. i forget how long it was back ordered but if my mind serves me correct i think it was over 3 week back order. so i called them back and asked them why i wasnt told about this item being back ordered. i was told i didnt ask. so thats life lesson 101. so from now on i ask if the item is in stock.

OTM.

yeah but if you click the home button, on the right it says site sponsor. if chad deemed them worthy enough to sponsor this site, then he is also basically vouching for them. which i found out 1) dont listen to chad and 2) some of these vendors just flat out suck.

I dont get what you dont get...being displayed on the homepage means you paid more money.

yes i see that now. but in my eyes when i first started out, i assumed ( the mother of all **** ups ) that if they were displayed as a vendor then they were somewhat trustworthy enough to come on here and sell parts.

i see the light.

OTM.

it would just be nice to see some sort of punishment to those who decide to be dishonest in a sale, and or fail to deliver as promised.

OTM.

it would just be nice to see some sort of punishment to those who decide to be dishonest in a sale, and or fail to deliver as promised.

Castration! :icon_evil:lol:

Nope. There is NO screening of vendors.

Like Rich said, RaGe, Vendor status = they paid for it..... that is all.

The ONLY way to punish a vendor is to reduce sales. PERIOD.

If the members want to boycott a vendor... due to poor service, etc.... that would be an effective way to "suggest" they go elsewhere. ;)

yeah i am not really discussing anything right now. We are pming one another and hve reached a resolution. But i did send him a pm trying to fix this. And we are workign with one-another.

And i understand about the vendors. btu still believe that the rules to become a vendor ought to be a little bit more stiffer.

OTM.

Guest heightsgtltd

It's a slippery area when you think about it. Vendors have been removed IIRC when members reported enough issues with them (e.g., TDC) or caused enough trouble.

Howver, it seems to be all or nothing in that regard. Perhaps if a vendor has received a certain percentage of negative reviews vs. positive ones (or something like that) they can receive a warning.

I understand that Tide wants to get paid, but if a vendor gets a bad enough rep or warnings, people will stop buying from them and they will prob pull their vendor status here anyway.

no, and i am suprised tide/chad hasnt chimed in yet. I understand what he has said about offering solid solutions rather than just being opinionated.

for example the header/picture at the top of the page. He was a little upset that people was just saying it sucked. he said there is nothing wrong with saying it sucked but then offer a solution.

So here i am, saying the vendors need some rules to play by. after all we do. When we sell stuff we are made to list a price and are told this isnt ebay. why not the same for them? If we are not truthful with our sale we start getting into trouble with the moderators. ( and i agree with this 100% ). so the same rules should apply to the vendors.

OTM.

My take on this. Crap like this happens and it has happened to me with several vendors who will remain nameless. I would place an order and not get a tracking number or shipping information until a day, two, four days later or, in the worst personal case, a week later. I sat patiently for it to arrive and only inquired in one of the two cases as I was getting a bit worried. Josh @ Import Image has always come through for me. The thing is, people have different expectations and thresholds. Just keep in mind that the vendors on here are not always operating the same way Wal-Mart or Amazon would, when you place an order and an hour or two later you get a confirmation. For that matter, even "the big guys" like Amazon didn't ship an item for several days after I placed the order.

I simpathize with RaGe's experiences, but just keep in mind one thing that you learn when you work in customer service and applies here damn well. If you get off the phone with one customer that was angry and pissed you off, don't react to the customer you get next. I can tell that's what happened here because ...

Josh

item drop shipped, if you'd like to cancel we'd be more then happy to on monday

So he's offering the best possible outcome when dealing with a sale that's not up to your expectations ... a full refund.

Next, RaGe

if item has not shipped then yes i want to cancel

Only to be followed later on by RaGe:

And instead of wanting to try to just fix the problem you would rather just do a refund

You're basically making it sound like Josh was looking to bail out of this whole deal by issuing a refund when, in fact, it was your choice, he just offered an alternative. I'll also go on and say that your demands were fairly unreasonable given it was the week-end.

IMO, you overreacted due to your low tolerance based on previous bad experiences with vendors. Which is unfair to Josh.

I think some of us are holding the vendors to unrealistic standards given the fact that they're either one-man teams or depending on others for their own service. I simpathize with them because I'm in that very same position sometimes when I deal with MY customers.

If you want same-day shipment notifications and will accept no substitutes, then stop fishing around so much for crazy deals and just go to "the big boys" and pay the full price.

Archived