LegacyGT.com

ATTN: Tide, gumby, and the moderating team.

RaGe

Right, and I'm posting because I am a site regular, I buy from vendors here, and I don't know what he's referring to or what is going on, but I would like to since you all think it is significant enough to bring it to the public. What I am saying is, you haven't provided anything useful to us here to get your point across.

Pretty much what I'm getting from what you're saying is "We made a public thread to call out people for something we're not going to explain nor does anyone but a few of us know about, but we REALLY want you all to care about it, so please support us in this unexplained series of problematic events!"

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what he's referring to or what is going on,

Exactly. ;)

What I am saying is, you haven't provided anything useful to us here to get your point across.

I understand just fine. RaGe has had several... less than pleasant exchanges with multiple members and vendors on this board and was just looking for some support from the admins and moderators that are tasked with patrolling this site. Got it?

I know what he's going for, my point is, without explaining it, he's not going to get it. Simply saying "Well you don't get it" isn't going to help. You need to actually explain the issue. You don't convince people by simply saying "Well obviously you don't know, so just trust me, this is the case." You convince them by actually providing the relevant information. Hence, me asking.

Those of you who already know, apparently already know, but how far is that knowledge getting you if you don't share it? I'm not saying it's not valid, I'm just saying the information is not here.

Help me, and all the rest of LGT.com, help you.

this is the point. Alot of people get ripped off on this site, get lied to etc.... and why? yeah, its life. people get lied to all the time. But this site is controlled, or is suppose to be. You have been a member since 2005 shadow? i have been a member since 2006, have 23 itrader feedback, am a premium donating member, and actually have a post count. now i am not saying any of that means anything. But what you have to understand is this. Tide owns this site. the moderating team is on here a hell of alot more than him, and knows first hand what is going on or so i would hope. If they see a guy getting screwed over, what is wrong with them chiming in and saying hey, either get your stuff right or get banned? This isnt walmart. It had nothing to do with a stocking issue. The issue was i called and asked not once, but twice. and was told the item was in stock. Do i need that gauge right now? no. i am not in any hurry to get it. its just the fact that i was lied to. vendors have a reputation on here. take for example TDC. If you are an active member then i dont need to go into detail all of the trouble that came from that place and people getting the items in which was purchased. i spelled out what was going on in my first inital post. And everyone has understood what i meant with the exception of you.

If you like to be lied to, then just unsubscibe from this thread. You are right, its not that big of a deal. But to me it was and is. vendors want to come on here and make money from everyone here, then they should be honest and do what they say they are going to do. If not, then they should not be a vendor on car enthusiast site. rules should be alot stiffer for vendors on this site, and i am sure alot of people would agree with me on that.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I agree with you on it being poor performance of the vendor, and that people shouldn't accept it. However, I don't agree with you that Tide needs to come around and police everything. As you pointed out, this is an enthusiast community forum, not a business. I'm sure Tide doesn't run it as a business, but he runs it as a hobby, and an enthusiast himself.

The answer to this lies in the vendor reviews, and the community. After reading your problems, I certainly won't buy from this vendor. I'm sure plenty of others won't either. Summaries of experiences with vendors should always be put up in a case like this. The simple fact is though, car vendors are awful at service/business, almost universally. I would be willing to bet you could take every vendor on every Subaru related site and find at least 2-3 people who have a similar story to tell about them, and you on the other hand may have had an absolutely stellar experience.

I may be going off on a tangent here a bit, but let me summarize. Don't expect the moderators and owner to take care of this, use the community itself. It's why we have one. We don't need them to ban people to make things 'right', all we have to do is simply not buy from them, they'll go away on their own.

That said, if you have other vendors too, please post up reviews.

Oh, and sorry for my post count, I realize it's inexcusable to not have thousands of posts before I have opinions on things.

I agree with you on it being poor performance of the vendor, and that people shouldn't accept it. However, I don't agree with you that Tide needs to come around and police everything. As you pointed out, this is an enthusiast community forum, not a business. I'm sure Tide doesn't run it as a business, but he runs it as a hobby, and an enthusiast himself.

The answer to this lies in the vendor reviews, and the community. After reading your problems, I certainly won't buy from this vendor. I'm sure plenty of others won't either. Summaries of experiences with vendors should always be put up in a case like this. The simple fact is though, car vendors are awful at service/business, almost universally. I would be willing to bet you could take every vendor on every Subaru related site and find at least 2-3 people who have a similar story to tell about them, and you on the other hand may have had an absolutely stellar experience.

I may be going off on a tangent here a bit, but let me summarize. Don't expect the moderators and owner to take care of this, use the community itself. It's why we have one. We don't need them to ban people to make things 'right', all we have to do is simply not buy from them, they'll go away on their own.

That said, if you have other vendors too, please post up reviews.

Oh, and sorry for my post count, I realize it's inexcusable to not have thousands of posts before I have opinions on things.

see this is where you are being narrow minded. he runs this place like a buisness. if you think for one minute he really cares about me and you getting ripped off then think again. i am saying he ought to put some of that power in the hands of the moderating team and let them police call this area.

OTM.

and also, as far as the post count thing? seriously man, no need to get all emo on me here. I made this thread to approach the topic in a mature manner and to try to address issues that i was having and to see if i could obtain some assistance. yes there is a review section. But it is up to us to keep this place an honest site. sometimes you have to weed the garden. which i will give credit, a few of the moderators do not hesitate one second to ban another member who has dicked over a member here. But it is a little different when it comes to vendors. i am sure they have a very fine line right there. Those are chads babies.

OTM.

Members are easier to deal with, as there's no monetary transactions going on. Dealing with vendors is more difficult. You have legal issues surrounding the dealings with them, so it's not worth the hassle of dealing with banning them/revoking status. I highly doubt that the owners want to get involved in that, so why can't we take care of it ourselves instead of expecting them to?

TDC is a very extreme example, but still -- it's easier for us as a community to deal with it than it is for them. They can't simply ban a vendor and expect everything to just be hunky dory. If you work in any sort of business at all, you know that things don't go that way.

As far as the post count thing, I was just responding to it, I don't know why you felt it necessary to bring it up. I never questioned your status here.

^ sometimes the only way to get a vendor to actually respond to a problem with their company is to post it up and make it known to everyone. sure, it can get nasty; but sometimes, it's the only thing to do - especially when it comes down to YOUR(my) money. When you pay a few hundred bucks for a performance part, you expect to have it shipped/tracked appropriately. I've have my luck with crappy vendors as well, it took me 3 months to get something that was "in stock" earlier in the year.

I don't think brother rage is asking for Tide to "police" the entire vendor community within this site. What he is asking for is someway for the vendors to be put on a tighter leash. We here on the forum, a lot of us at least, let these vendors walk all over us - and to the vendors that are honest and good people, it sucks because one bad apple can **** up the whole bunch.

Yes we have vendor reviews, and most of us are guilty for not using it often. But at the same time, the vendor does have responsibility to be HONEST to us, the customer. If a vendor is constantly screwing things up, they should be punished, flagged, banned, whatever - they should have it known that they are close to losing their "vendor status" if the problem persists. Look at all the TDC nonsense, they should have been 'locked out' until they fixed all of their problems - a lot of people lost money from them. Just because this is an enthusiast forum, does not mean we are some "low-tier customer" and deserve to be put thru some of the crap these vendors pull.

If a vendor can't be honest to us, they shouldn't deserve the chance to sell things on this site imo. Cheers all.

brian

^ sometimes the only way to get a vendor to actually respond to a problem with their company is to post it up and make it known to everyone. sure, it can get nasty; but sometimes, it's the only thing to do - especially when it comes down to YOUR(my) money. When you pay a few hundred bucks for a performance part, you expect to have it shipped/tracked appropriately. I've have my luck with crappy vendors as well, it took me 3 months to get something that was "in stock" earlier in the year.

I don't think brother rage is asking for Tide to "police" the entire vendor community within this site. What he is asking for is someway for the vendors to be put on a tighter leash. We here on the forum, a lot of us at least, let these vendors walk all over us - and to the vendors that are honest and good people, it sucks because one bad apple can **** up the whole bunch.

Yes we have vendor reviews, and most of us are guilty for not using it often. But at the same time, the vendor does have responsibility to be HONEST to us, the customer. If a vendor is constantly screwing things up, they should be punished, flagged, banned, whatever - they should have it known that they are close to losing their "vendor status" if the problem persists. Look at all the TDC nonsense, they should have been 'locked out' until they fixed all of their problems - a lot of people lost money from them. Just because this is an enthusiast forum, does not mean we are some "low-tier customer" and deserve to be put thru some of the crap these vendors pull.

If a vendor can't be honest to us, they shouldn't deserve the chance to sell things on this site imo. Cheers all.

amen. i see you are good with words unlike me.:lol:

OTM.

amen. i see you are good with words unlike me.:lol:

:lol: ain't no thang, brother rage. Just wanted to clarify some of the confusion. On a side note, for some reason, you get royally screwed all too often - so I agree that something should be done.... at least for REPEAT offenders.

idk, good luck with your future buys ;)

Cheers

brian

I think that if we start to use vendor reviews (maybe make a thread for each vendor), then poor performace and customer interactions can be documented. Likewise... positive transactions would also be documented.

Members could look over the post and make their OWN decisions about whether or not they want to deal with that vendor. It would be members policing the vendors...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

You could do this with a Sticky: (vendor name) review thread .... or you could do it via iTrader ratings for that vendor.

Opinions?

I think that if we start to use vendor reviews (maybe make a thread for each vendor), then poor performace and customer interactions can be documented. Likewise... positive transactions would also be documented.

Members could look over the post and make their OWN decisions about whether or not they want to deal with that vendor. It would be members policing the vendors...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

agreed. ALL of us need to use it more often.

Vigilante justice ftmfw! :lol:

brian

if a vendor is allowed to sell on this site, its basically saying they are trust worthy. in the eyes of someone new coming on here, the first thing they want to do is to modify their car. so they click on the vendor link, and they start having at it. now if this place was actually ran on some morals and just a little bit of honesty then the people running would actaully care how his members are being treated. after all, what is the difference between writing some vulgar attack comments to a member and taking someones money? to me its all the same. you are expected to treat other members with respect. if you dont and you start calling them names, you start the good ole disciplinary chart. i think the same should be done with these vendors. people start having trouble getting something resolved then their vendor status should be suspended until they decide they want to address it. this site is a buisness. when you allow a company to sell aftemarket parts to the community, it is a buisness. seems to me that chad likes to collect that money, but doesnt like to address issues with these so called approved vendors. maybe he can chime in though for an intelligent conversation to enlighten us.

OTM.

Archived