LegacyGT.com

Would you like to see these on the 06 model?

HID, standard! (it's 2005!!!)

More luxurious/support seats, like on the Lexus's.

More power (sti level)

I'm selling my Acura shortly and considering getting the LGT. But, for a premium sedan, no HID? The STI has HID, and it's not consider a "premium" car, according to Subaru standards.

Does Subaru have a section where we can tell them what we think should go on the car?

I like the power and the styling, but I can't believe Subaru skimp out on these little details!

My STi has HID's... and its NOT the car that has the best headlights as far as visiblity that I have driven. A 02 Exploder takes that distinction with very good lowbeams, and highbeams so bright that you think you turned OFF the lights when going back to low beams. I'm talking "Where the @#$@# is the A-bomb going off" bright

the XJR and LGT both have excelent lowbeams and both are non-HID.

However I DO miss the headlight adjustment of the STi as you can aim the headlights down a ton in the heavy fog around here and see much better.

I personally think our headlights are excellent, when they work, as both of mine are currently out, til hopefully the dealer fixes them today. In anycase, the addition of HIDs will definately make the price of the car go up. I think they should either offer them on all models standard if they can without a price increase, or offer it on the limited models.

You have to understand, that although our cars compete with the likes of the G35, A4, 330i, C320 Sport and several others entry level luxury cars, our car isn't an entry level luxo sport sedan. It's realistically comparible to the likes of the Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima/Maxima, Ford 500, Chevy Impala and those types of cars, when you compare price and features.

It just so happens that the Legacy has so many characteristics that mimic or even defeat those of the higher marques, that the Legacy is the best compromise of performance and features for the dollar. Not to mention that AWD is standard!!

Remember, everything added is gonna cost. One of the reasons I picked the LGT over the other sport sedans is performance, standard equipment and price. This car was by far the most bang for my buck with performance to boot!

The reason the STi's headlights aren't the best is because they are reflector HID's - NOT projection beam HID's. Just spend $250 and you'll have pretty close to BMW quality HID's on your Legacy. This is no big deal to make this happen. Cheap and VERY effective.

echo meathead.

best performance, awd, reliability ... without having to pay for extra trinkets and over engineering (audi?). Maybe luxury items should be available on a subaru, but i don't want to have to pay for them to get the car i want.

HID is just bling, the Leg's projector headlight design is quite good. If you really "must have" the HID look for your image, buy some Silverstars.

I personally don't have a complaint regarding the HP or the seats, both are as good if not better than other cars in the same class.

More power definitely. I can hear the Mazdaspeed 6 salesmen already..."more power than the Legacy GT." Subaru should shut them up as soon as possible.

HIDs don't matter to me.

Memory seats would be nice. I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'3".

Actually, I'm holding out for cloth seats with the sunroof. MY06 Please. Please.

I actually like the seats, hp, I can fix that, and for lighting...

For most situations, the stock setup works rather well, HIDs aren't that big of a deal to me. I don't care what it is as long as it gets the job done well, and these projectors are very capable of that, particularly with a great beam pattern both low and high. But I will be getting some bulbs with better output to light the roads up better as little of my driving is done in the city. I will probably use bulbs from Rallylights.com that give output greater than is available from stock bulbs, because living in outlying areas, it's nice to have a better chance at picking up the deer at 300 yards than 100 and moving at 60mph.

More power definitely. I can hear the Mazdaspeed 6 salesmen already..."more power than the Legacy GT." Subaru should shut them up as soon as possible.

HIDs don't matter to me.

Memory seats would be nice. I'm 6'2" and my wife is 5'3".

Actually, I'm holding out for cloth seats with the sunroof. MY06 Please. Please.

Well, that is really the only reason for more power is to bench race the competition and pony for pony, the GT has them because of less weight as a major factor. Although for looking good on insurance and such, less can be better and the current levels arn't that bad IMO.

Well, I don't like power seats, but you do have a great point about size difference, when I had someone else with about the same size difference as you and one forgets to put the seat back in position for the other you have to be a contortionist to fit in there. :p It works, just not a *need* for me. Usually it had just been me driving the car.

I think it probaby costs Subaru an extra $150 to add HID to the car, since it's only $250 for an aftermarket kit. My current car has HID conversion and I don't think I can ever go back to "halogen" lighting. It's so gay and not as bright.

I don't want the 2006 to have anything more! The 2005 may not feel so special.

Just kidding. I think 'memory seats' would be great along with one-touch up on the drivers side window. It's difficult to hammer down leaving a toll booth while holding the button up (at least with the 5MT).

I'd be satisfied wtih HID. :D I was reading another LGT thread. It was about what you want/like on the LGT. And every post to that thread include HID. WHy not go HID when you have projector lighting?

The LGT should have a flux capacitor for occasional time travel. :rolleyes:

mankind will never be satisfied.

HID....ehh....who cares....The projector lights are great.....

STANDARD items found on any car except the Legacy:

A. Auto up drivers window

B. Homelink

C. Auto on Lights (if Subaru is BOUND AND DETERMINED to keep the daytime running lights.)

D. Audio Controls on the steering wheel (the shift controls on BOTH sides of the wheel when you have the SEAT is just plain idiotic)

E. Telescoping steering wheel

F. A better 12 volt source besides the dumb ashtray one.

G. Re-engineer the CHEAP foglight surrounds.

And for the options:

A. GPS

B. HID

c. High performance model...ie an STI

d. Upgrade for the stereo

imo everything is fine if they'd fix the bugs like the clutch issue and seeming ecu or electrical issues. Drivers and passengers auto up and down on the windows would be nice. telescoping steering wheel too. Nav and hid's etc not of concern afaik

1) Fix the climate control

2) Telescoping steering wheel

3) 1 piece bumper cover (loose the pop out sections for the fog light & tow bolt, they look tacky & cheap)

4) Put back the aluminum suspension parts that were on the JDM car.

5) If someone can replace any part of the exaust system and get better performance, YOU SCREWED UP. Do the exhaust right the first time.

DAP, per #5, should be said if you cn replace the exhaust and still get the same emissions, but with better performance, then they screwed up. ;) But I agree for the most part as long as they can get the same emissions.

Would be nice to have the Homelink Std along with single-touch drivers window up too. Especially for toll booths and drive-ups. If you can't keep your kids' hands away from that one window during auto-up running, you failed parenting skills. The kids should be strapped in and away from the windows. That's why I think they are hesitant to not do it, doesn't cost hardly anything, probably like $2 worth of extra electrical components, but more of a liability thing. If people owned up to their own faults, we wouldn't have to deal with crap like this. Just my 2 cents though.

I really don't think any manufacturer would put auto-up window controls in the car without a "pinch" sensor which detects pressure before the window is fully up and reverses the action to put the window down. It's not your child's hand they are worried about, it's his/her neck. This would clearly cost more than $2.

Archived