LegacyGT.com

Lowering springs for 08 Spec.B

Rushin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iONS it is for me too! Ordered mine the other day, iON Performance's reputation on this forum is top notch, and as you can see, they are always here to chime in on questions etc not dissappearing for weeks like some vendors do after the sale! Can't wait to get them on...... will post pics ASAP (sport specB fronts/HD rears) :icon_bigg

Thanks Rushin for your input :)

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

• 1 month later...

Here's a quick pic as promised.........

Ride height settled at a 7/8" drop front, and with the HD rears, a 1/8" hike up in the back

here's a little review after about a month:

I'm absolutely thrilled with these springs, especially how they ride. Not too harsh, but very sporty. When going over rough patches of road, bumps or small potholes, there is no chattering within the suspension itself; it seems like it rides quieter than stock. Not as in road noise from the tires, but I mean there are no annoying sounds arising from the new springs, just what you expect from a nice sports sedan. The front drop is perfect, but I wish the back sat just a touch lower (the HD rears actually raised the rear up by 1/8"). One other small gripe is that the wheels seem to sit offset from the center of the wheel wells, like the new springs significantly altered how the body sits on the chassis? Install was a snap too.

iONS.thumb.jpg.cc02085e2b54107507eb043c3bd78ac5.jpg

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

BradyCat - great to see you've got them on and using them now. For the type of roads you're on the combination that you're using is best for function. The chassis itself is now level, when the car was stock, the rear of your car actually sits slightly lower. Are you using the factory tire size?

I would've PM'd you, but you can't PM pics....Yes, I'm running the factory tire size, albeit on a 1/2" wider rim.

I think maybe the reason for the 1/8" lift in the rear is due to the fact that the HD springs couldn't quite sit flat on the bottom seat because of the little raised notch on it. Maybe I should've ground that little thing off? I just left it there and the spring sort of sits on top of the notch a little bit. The HD springs are noticeably thicker than the stockers, so I wasn't sure what to do there.....

584156388_StockRearSpring.thumb.jpg.7b26f2bcc6c2ef93d7a829b831f03861.jpg

1230258753_stockvsHD.thumb.jpg.87a764edc022d9b6dffead3574367670.jpg

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Flat side up (opposite to the second picture above).

My measurements were taken from the ground to the middle of the fender, not by the wheel gap, and using the same rims/tires before and after spring install.

It's not a big deal, I like the front rake it gives, but I might reinstall them someday after grinding down/off that little stopper on the lower spring seat and see if it's better....

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

Archived