LegacyGT.com

Lowering springs for 08 Spec.B

Rushin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to have a slammed look and harsh ride. I am still trying to figure out will usdm pinks fit on a legacy? I mean are they right size and geometry? Imprezas have different suspension in the back so that's why I am not sure

I don't want to have a slammed look and harsh ride. I am still trying to figure out will usdm pinks fit on a legacy? I mean are they right size and geometry? Imprezas have different suspension in the back so that's why I am not sure

Pinks are only JDM with JDM Part Numbers and there are specific versions for Sedans and Wagons, Auto and MT. P/Ns are listed elsewhere on the site and are available through several vendors and other distributors.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got the IONS for my 08 spec.b. I love them! The comfort was not sacrificed at all. Over bumps the car feels like a stock 5 series or 3 series. The squatting under acceleration is completely gone and the nose dip under braking is almost gone as well. In corners the car feels much more solid. The car sits very even, but not low by any means. I would really like it too sit lower. Both front and back looks sits like the front on a stock lgt. Over all i am very happy with the springs. If anyone is planning on installing the springs themselves DO IT, its very very easy. Get a springs compressor and thats all you will need. I will post pics later today when i find them.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_uzUzVzeT3VA/ShChK2hk0_I/AAAAAAAABqU/eZD0mCp7kPk/s800/DSC_0318.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_uzUzVzeT3VA/ShChQ-TfuXI/AAAAAAAABqc/D1zdAkeZO18/s800/DSC_0314.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_uzUzVzeT3VA/SjxqD7qTTaI/AAAAAAAAB0o/KKrSfTYR8tU/s800/DSC_0700.JPG

Rushin - looking good! What tire size are you running? To give the appearance of sitting lower without sacrificing the clearance many of our customers slightly oversize their tires. After a couple of weeks the rubber components etc will all settle and give a you a little more lowering.

My two finger gap turned into a one finger gap in a matter of weeks . I also use the 225/45/17 for autocross and 225/45/18 Spec B rims for DD. With the 18's it looks far better and fills the gap nicely

The tires are stock sti tires. So i think they are 225x45x17. I do think they are a bit too undersized. I will put my stock 18s and see how the car looks.

waiting for pics :)

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

I think it's odd that this thread seems to prefer the Ion springs for ride quality, but this thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77831

has a bunch of followers for the RalliTek springs. Has anyone tried both springs and care to comment on ride quality between the two? I'm less concerned about looks, and more concerned about handling and feel over the crap roads of Colorado.

Any comparison would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Squid

I cant say anything about RallyTek but IOS are perfectly fine for crappy roads of minnesota. If you want to see how a spec.b would ride with IOS take a ride in a stock 3 series or 5 series BMW. It will ride very simular to that but without nose dives and squatting.

Rushin, exactly which type of iONS springs did you go with front/rear? Sport Spec, JDM spec, sport rears, HD rears?

2013 Ford Taurus SHO

2009 Spec.B SWP Stg 2+ Airboy tuned

2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 5.7

Archived