LegacyGT.com

COBB APv1 AVO panel filter tune?

croll326

I am going to stage one and have an AVO Panel filter with a COBB AP v1. Do I need to tune for it? Can i tune for it?

I would def. get a tune. Cobb maps were meant for stock air filters. A buddy of mine just got his car tuned by Mike at Tuning Alliance and Mike actually showed him the difference between a stage 2 tune with an AVO panel filter with the Cobb map, and a stage 2 tuned properly with an AVO filter.

The A/F ratio was very dangerous with the AVO and Cobb map.

To be safe, I'd def. get tuned.

-John

Tune for a panel filter? As long as you simply dropped it into the stock airbox, you are good to go.

No the MAF does have to be rescaled for a drop in filter as well. I went back in forth with Mike on this subject, but come to find out a panel filter will lean the car out about half a point or more. The jump and airflow requires an adjustment to the MAF scaling.

No the MAF does have to be rescaled for a drop in filter as well. I went back in forth with Mike on this subject, but come to find out a panel filter will lean the car out about half a point or more. The jump and airflow requires an adjustment to the MAF scaling.

Yup, thats exactly what the charts my friend showed me said. It was very lean. Better safe than sorry IMO.

-John

So i would pay tuning alliance for the map then download it to my AP v1 and flash it to my car? I would have to get a cable to connect my AP to my laptop because i dont have the old connection. Im sure there is a post of that somewhere.

Archived