84 members have voted

1. 1. Which upholstery would you take?

• Cloth
    • Leather (assume a $1,000 premium)
    • Alcantara (assume a $1,500 premium)
    • Other (explain)

50% more for fake suede? No thanks.

Give me real leather, please.

Now if I can only find a source for aftermarket real wood trim pieces that looks as real as the fake stuff in my 05 Outback L.L. Bean. :lol:

Now if I can only find a source for aftermarket real wood trim pieces that looks as real as the fake stuff in my 05 Outback L.L. Bean. :lol:

try to search in this forum. There was a website posted with '05 Legacy/OB kits with real wood. Someone even bought one and showed installed pics.

EDIT:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5183&highlight=dash+kit

exoticwooddash.com

I'd probably like something with outer leather trim and alcantara inserts in a complementary color.

I am with John M with this one.. although alcantara does get dirty really quick from the sweaty hands and such. Nevertheless, I would like black leather and black alcantara on the headliner and all other cloth-like places.. just have to vaccuum more often to keep it looking black.

Keefe

Keefe

try to search in this forum. There was a website posted with '05 Legacy/OB kits with real wood. Someone even bought one and showed installed pics.

EDIT:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5183&highlight=dash+kit

exoticwooddash.com

I checked out the site. That's not what I had in mind. I don't want to replace or cover the plastic "titanium"-colored panels in the center of the console. My car (2005 OB 3.0 R L.L. Bean) has fake wood trim pieces on the sides of the console. It's actually a pretty convincing look, but of course it feels like plastic, and it doesn't match the wood on the steering wheel very well.

Archived