LegacyGT.com

LGT or RX8?

Things to consider with the Rx-8:

1. Yes the gas mileage should be better (the very premise of the Renesis).

(You can flood the sucker, but nothing that can't be easily avoided.)

2. Routinely check oil; rotaries will burn oil, but it is no harder to check than any other car....don't know why that was implied.

3. Not alot of TQ, so it's not gonna feel that quick until you hit above 5500 rpm.

4. Argueably the best handling car under 40K.

5. Very good breaks and well balanced suspension right out the box.

6. Styling.

7. 9000rpm redline... :D

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

4. Argueably the best handling car under 40K.

Err... S2k, miata, evo and STi are just as good if not better in various aspects. Just nitpicking. :D

but really sgtpepper, u should get the car that ur heart tells ya. we can only provide our opinions and u know what they say about opinions.

Yea it's up to you. Isn't the 8 more expensive though? My buddy from college got an 8 3 semester's ago, and he loves it. It is a sweet UNIQUE car. It get's looks, and handles and turns. I HATED the lack of torque! After owning 2 96 Impala SS's with over 400hp, I complain all the time about the Subaru's not having enough torque and they have plenty over the "avgerage" car. It's honestly a question of what your going to use the car for. A turbo kit on the 8 and things would be insane, but a suspension and few other mods on the legacy would also be sick. It depends on your lifestyle, and what your going to use it for.

I've actually thought as well, wouldn't it be more expensive to work on if problems arise, just for the sheer fact that not a whole lot of places know how to work on them? I mean it's not a huge deal, but later on down the road if problems arise, I'd think the 8 would get a bit costly.

My friend recently bought an RX-8. He came by one day and asked to test drive my car so, I drove his car and he drove mine. Now he regrets buying the RX-8 after he drove my LGT. Me personally, I was going to buy the RX-8 but I needed something for the winter so that was out then, I saw the LGT. It was love at first sight.
That's a damn good sugar cookie.

Mazdaspeed and the RX cars have been known for excellent handling out of the box. If you are into coupes and find it hard to give up, that is a compelling reason for the RX, but many have transitioned from sedans to wagons (like myself) and haven't looked back, I think the sedan is a great car though and shouldn't be overlooked.

For me with the weather we get and the places I like to drive, I really wanted AWD. I had a Legacy previously and really enjoyed it. Maybe it was a natural transition, I loved my old one, but as soon as I saw the new styling and hearing the reviews from Japan, I fell in love with it instantly. It is a gorgeous car! I kinda wish I had the GT Wagon in WRB, but that's okay, Atlantic Blue is near perfect, it was between that and Black.

For what I think it lacks or could use some refinement, nothing about $3k in mods won't fix. Seriously, it's pretty darn good out of the box and almost all the mods I desire are already available in the brakes, handling, and power depts. It really is a terrific car and if you don't mind it being somewhat of a sheep's clothing (which can be good in several ways), it really is a great car!

Err... S2k, miata, evo and STi are just as good if not better in various aspects. Just nitpicking. :D

but really sgtpepper, u should get the car that ur heart tells ya. we can only provide our opinions and u know what they say about opinions.

S2000 and the Miata are two seaters. Many 8 owners were previous Miata owners and just about all will tell you the RX handles better. S2000 may be the closest. STI and EVO will not handle as well as the 8 in the twisties. Even the GM and every salesman who saw my 8 when I went to look at the GT stated it was the one car that could outhandle the STI.

Before I stupidly boght my Zr2 Blazer I owned 2 mk3 supra Ts (blew em sky high too!) and eclipse GSX (modded the hell out of the suspension), a 97 Cobra convertible - a blast when I was still going to school at Purdue - but miserable even with snow tires on it in the winter... Really should have kept the Cobra but stupid me thought Id NEED an SUV in CO... oops...

looks like you had quite a few toy cars, if thats what your looking for, go with the 8

but since it looks like you would have to consider the weather, i say go with the Legacy

dont forget the Legacy can also be a toy car too

Hah - my 97 Cobra convert had all sorts of problems - at 32k miles. Fan got stuck on all the time - even with the key out of the ignition, AC broke 2 times, seat belt broke.... Lots of other random things... Ill never buy american again!

Jeff

looks like your gonna go with the Scooby after all :lol::lol:

S2000 and the Miata are two seaters. Many 8 owners were previous Miata owners and just about all will tell you the RX handles better. S2000 may be the closest. STI and EVO will not handle as well as the 8 in the twisties. Even the GM and every salesman who saw my 8 when I went to look at the GT stated it was the one car that could outhandle the STI.
I'll believe that, but remember, we get the watered down EVOs and STis. ;) "Outhandling" doesn't mean better track times.

I'll believe that, but remember, we get the watered down EVOs and STis. ;) "Outhandling" doesn't mean better track times.

No it certainly won't, but it does add the "fun to drive factor" to the 8 when you can take an on-ramp at 70mph. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived