LegacyGT.com

BP/BL part price gouging

so in effort not to scare off any vendors i wanted to post this here not the vendor forum

i am amazed how much vendors are getting for parts

it goes back to the early days of the RS ~1999 when springs were 500 and coilovers were 3500 because there was 1 person bringing them to north America

to see rotors being offered for the first time today is great. to see that they are literally 2x as expensive as wrx rotors of the same brand/model is really really sad

just be careful out there people shop hard before you buy

Guest *Jedimaster*
I have no option but to be careful. Unless I want to buy things on credit like I did with my WRX. It seems that those of us moving on to the Legacy/OB are more money smart than we used to be. I'm glad we don't see people lining up for 1100 dollar mufflers.

On a positive note:

So far, the RP downpipe and centerpipe group buy is fairly priced.

The Eibach/SPT springs also sound reasonably priced.

Cobb AccessPort is priced the same for the LGT as other Subaru models. Overall, it appears that Cobb is keeping the pricing of all of its LGT stuff in line with its other Subaru products.

AVO seems to be doing the best in getting JDM stuff over here at reasonable prices. RaceComp also did a good job in importing the STi springs.

On the negative:

Otherwise, I agree that the stuff, unless it already fits the WRX/STi, is very pricey.

Guest *Jedimaster*
On a positive note:

Cobb AccessPort is priced the same for the LGT as other Subaru models. Overall, it appears that Cobb is keeping the pricing of all of its LGT stuff in line with its other Subaru products.

AVO seems to be doing the best in getting JDM stuff over here at reasonable prices. RaceComp also did a good job in importing the STi springs.

On the negative:

Otherwise, I agree that the stuff, unless it already fits the WRX/STi, is very pricey.

Well stated.

On a positive note:

On the negative:

I second the opinion!

Most of the Perrin stuff seems to be close to the prices on the WRX/STi stuff. The whiteline swaybars aren't far off the price of the WRX ones (at least for the rear bar).

Jaxx, where can you get DBA 4000s for $100 a piece for the WRX?

Archived