LegacyGT.com

LGT owners: I'm kind of happy to be not closely ID'ed with the Subaru marque anymore

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with everyone and thats why we are all here..

there is one problem with going unrecognized however and i see this trend happening with the new generation of subarus... i believe SoA has forgotten about our audience.. we are a market that wants performance with class, a lot of us coming from impreza roots would like to stick with the subaru community i know i cant get enough of that boxer rumble.. but it looks like SoA is destroying there own market... no longer can we "grow up" from an impreza to a lgt wagon because they arent available.. and now in 2009 model year if we want a turbo'd legacy sedan we have to buy a spec b... who knows by the time im looking to upgrade my 05 there might not even be a turbo'd legacy at all... i love the subaru community i love my car i love the unnoticed performance and value.. but unless someone does take notice we all might be forced to look in a new direction..

and no way in hell am i going to drive a partial zero emitions vehicle....

i agree with everyone and thats why we are all here..

there is one problem with going unrecognized however

One other problem....walking thru a parking lot, up to your car, wondering if your KeyFob remote battery is dead because the car won't open...only to find out you've walked up to a camera/older altima/whatever, by mistake! Gats!

:)

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

+1 for this post. It's nice having an older wagon up here @ college. Makes 4 man grocery / beer runs easy. The thing is invisible to those that like to dick with ppl's cars, and it's fast as crap. But it might help that I have a rule about never driving like a dick on campus. :-p

I forget who said it, but the Legacy / SpecB is the gentleman's WRX..

One other problem....walking thru a parking lot, up to your car, wondering if your KeyFob remote battery is dead because the car won't open...only to find out you've walked up to a camera/older altima/whatever, by mistake! Gats!

Lol i have never done that. I dont understand how you could confuse your own car with another, hell you could put my legacy in a pack of the same exact car and i could tell you which is mine.

Well, I don't own a GT yet, but probably will very soon. :) I'm honestly looking forward to it. My wife and I just went to a meet a few days ago, and both felt that, at 32, we were EXTREMELY old. Or at least mentally, compared to most other folks there!

I love my RS with all my heart. I bought it new and don't know how I'll be, when I have to turn over the key. I'll probably go in to cold sweats. But.... the GT felt so nice when I drove it. I'm skittish to buy a used car, a car I'm unfamiliar with. But it's also got more power than my Impreza would, even post-swap (EJ205 USDM).

It's also bigger......safer.........newer.......arguably prettier...

I don't know. I'll still be a Mod on RS25.com. It's a good club. I've not felt at home on NASIOC for years; too many idiots or cynical Mods on a power trip.

Yeah. I'm looking forward to a GT meet, or two. :)

:whore: i could find mine in a parking lot and i never remember where i parked. i just walk around holding the panic button. but i could tell the difference with the borla tips and the hail damage and tint.

Mine is stock from the outside, just a dp/ gutted up and tune. I just know my car as im retarded and tend to stare at my cars for long periods of time.

Lol i have never done that. I dont understand how you could confuse your own car with another, hell you could put my legacy in a pack of the same exact car and i could tell you which is mine.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/autoreview/400x266/2000-Nissan-Altima-00809181990011.jpg

http://upload.moldova.org/auto/Subaru/2008_Subaru-Legacy_2.jpg

You don't see the resemblance? Imagine if they were the same color....

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

I see how they look simular but i could easily tell the difference, like i said i could tell the difference if you were to put my lgt in a pack of same color, 5eat 05 lgts. easily

If you cant see the difference between those two cars then you and Helen Keller have alot in common.

Coming from a '99 Acura Integra GS-R, I bought the Legacy for the improved performance, refinement, and grownup appearance. I got tired of the stigma associated with owning a "rice rocket" and got the Legacy because it was a "grown-up's STI." I didn't want to sacrifice fun for luxury either. The Legacy was and still is the perfect balance of performance, luxury, and value. Sure, I could have gotten a BMW 3-series or a Lexus IS, but I despise the stigma that comes along with owning one of those cars more than owning a rice rocket. I figure if I have to own a BMW, it'll be later when I'm older.

I think the one main thing we Subaru owners have in common is that we don't really care about image and prestige.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/autoreview/400x266/2000-Nissan-Altima-00809181990011.jpg

http://upload.moldova.org/auto/Subaru/2008_Subaru-Legacy_2.jpg

You don't see the resemblance? Imagine if they were the same color....

All of the relentless "OMG it looks like a [....]" comments are really just nuts. Subaru makes mass-market cars; they're going to look like other cars. That's kind of the whole point.

All of the relentless "OMG it looks like a [....]" comments are really just nuts. Subaru makes mass-market cars; they're going to look like other cars. That's kind of the whole point.

when in doubt, look at your license plate number ;)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Yeah definatley, montana is definatley subaru country.
I told a friend from Colorado that I had a Subaru, mentioning to him "you've probably seen your fair share of those back in CO." He replies - "Are you kidding? It's the f*cking state car." :lol:

My legacy is lowered, tint, I have a diy grill, and 06 WRX TR wheels. I may get a front lip but I'm really happy with the looks and its got plenty of power, and nobody looks at it as a ricer car or a "tuner" car. And I love that. Not being at all associated with WRXs is nice. I can still have some mods and look professional and not like some punk kid.

I live in WV. Subaru is also the state car here. They are more expensive here too. I bought an 05 5EAT LGT in waynesburg, PA for 16,300 and sold it in morgantown for 18k and bought the 5MT that I drive now.

Used to have a '02 bugeyed WRX. Could not stop at a light without some riced out "________" revving up on me. This thread needs a poll...

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/luminaryafterglow/pole-dancing-how-to.jpg

I don't like the Bugeye stock. But I do like it with the OEM front underlip spoiler, JDM grille, and OEM side strakes and rear spats. That does a lot... A LOT... for the appearance.

JDM or EDM headlights do even more.

Archived