LegacyGT.com

Symptoms of a Bad Innovate LM-1/LC-1?

praedet

All right fellow tuners. I had heard that the LM-1 set-up has a high mortality rate, but I guess I was hoping I would be lucky :lol:

Anyway, after using mine for about 6 months w/ no problems, this is the output I was getting out of it today. I have 3 logs that have this same behavior in them, so here is a small snippet where you can compare to the Car's O2 and see the fact that under open-loop coasting, the LM-1 does not even register it...

Thoughts? Is the LM-1 gone? Will Innovate cover it?

Ted

Bad LC1.pdf

:spin:

Probably the Innovate controller. :( Maybe you had the grounds too close together or too far apart :lol:

Give them a call and see what they say tomorrow; be sure to tell them that you calibrated it every time before you started the engine ;)

It should be giving you an error code. Check out the manual - http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LC-1_Manual.pdf

My LC-1 still works fine... I think. I haven't logged in a month or so. I think I've seen a few blips on 20.33 on mine, but pretty rare as I haven't seen any show up in logs nor any zero's in logs.

I'd replace the sensor. Then you'll know whether the sensor or the control unit is at fault. You'll need the new sensor sooner or later anyways.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Mine works flawlessly in ST-A and Logworks, but it gets flakey in RR once in a while and starts spitting out seemingly random numbers. It has even gone the wrong direction from 14.7 during WOT runs before too. I just go over to the left and de-select the LC-1 and re-select it. It usually goes back to normal operation for a while at least. I hit 20.33(the lean limit of the sensor) when coasting in gear.

Remember that if you installed it with the reset button(or ground it out to reset it); you need to remove the WBO2 sensor from the pipe to reset it. If you reset it with the sesnsor in the pipe it will be off by a little.

Have you adjusted the LC-1 read rate in the programmer software lately/ever?

Let's kick this pig!

still do it in open air,

water vapor would be the biggest thing, but other stuff can sit in the pipes for a long time. The heating cycle of the sensor can cause the water vapor to heat up, among other things, and throw of the readings.

always calibrate in open air

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

Well, no change after calibrating in the pipe (after the car sat for about 12 hours)

Interestingly, the log/sensor seems fine if I use the Log Works Innovate software. I am just seeing the wierd stuff w/ romraider. Any thoughts?

All right, so now I can log w/ Romraider again...:confused:

I have no idea what changed. Oh well. So, which SHOULD be more accurate, the OEM O2, or the LC-1? When only looking at closed loop logs, cutting out anything above 15.2 or below 14.2, my LC-1 averages a reading that is about 0.25 higher?

Should I be worrying about this for my WOT runs (should be more conservative that way)

Archived