LegacyGT.com

Need new pads ASAP

aigochamaloh

I have a track day coming up this Friday, which does not leave me enough time to get some real track pads online shipped to me. Is there any other pad I can just go out and get at an auto parts store that would work better than the OEM pads? Or am I better off just probably glazing my OEM pads over the track day?

This is for a 2009 2.5i BTW. I'm confused as to what pads will fit, because some places online show the same part numbers for the Legacy GT, but not the Spec.B. But from reading here on the forums, it seems like the Legacy GT has bigger rotors, calipers, and different pads. Which is correct?

I have a track day coming up this Friday, which does not leave me enough time to get some real track pads online shipped to me. Is there any other pad I can just go out and get at an auto parts store that would work better than the OEM pads? Or am I better off just probably glazing my OEM pads over the track day?

This is for a 2009 2.5i BTW. I'm confused as to what pads will fit, because some places online show the same part numbers for the Legacy GT, but not the Spec.B. But from reading here on the forums, it seems like the Legacy GT has bigger rotors, calipers, and different pads. Which is correct?

order from tirerack usually receive the part in 3 days ( i live in Canada ), call the dealer and ask them is it the same brake pad or not ....

At least HP+. Unfortunately I am on the east coast, so getting track pads to you by friday would end up costing a lot in shipping.

If you end up needing pads from me, let me know ASAP so I can get them out today via UPS 3day.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

Was able to get some EBC Greenstuff shipped to me ground locally. They'll be here tomorrow. I searched and haven't really seen any reviews for it on here. Someone told me they aren't that great, but I love them on my 87 MR2, so I might as well give them a try here. Otherwise, I'll go Hawk HP+ pads, or at least upgrade to LGT brakes front and back, or just BBK the front and LGT the back. I'm excited to track my new car!

I do have a couple worries though. I have a weird popping noise when I back out of my driveway, then put it in first and take off. It does it when the car has sat for a little while, maybe 30 minutes. But it does it every time. Subaru said nothing was wrong with it. Also, I have a rattle when I'm decelerating in any gear, mostly around 3-4k rpm, and most prominent in 2nd or 3rd gear. Could it be a heat shield? I know most people on here only have the LGT so it could be different, but it is driving me up a wall.

Ugh....if you still have time, I would recommend AGAINST EBC Greenstuff.

Unless I used a different version of EBC pads and am just forgetting, those are barely suitable for street use...

But they were green. And that's cool.

Joe

P.s. I combined those pads with a set of EBC rotors and hated the setup, so I shouldn't throw out the pads if the rotors were the real culprit.

How long ago did you get green stuff? I've been reading that they changed their pad formula a year or two back, and it was much better. I don't know how it was because I changed my MR2's pads last year, so I'm assuming I got the new formula.

Unfortunately, it's too late, I already threw the pads on and I just bedded them in. Wow, what a difference from OEM pads. My OEM Yokohama tires are at their limit, I may need to change those before I go to the track. I guess it's a compromise right now, it's a streetable pad, and better than OEM, so I guess I'll stick with it for now. I'll grab some HP+ in the future and compare.

edit: I'll do some searching, but any tire recommendations for about or less than $100 a pop?

All season's would be good, but I'm thinking about going with the Federal 595's for now. Reading good things, I'm kind of on a budget, and they'd be better than OEM. I may try to sell my OEM Advan A82A's, or maybe just save them and get another set of rims to mount them on. We shall see.

Archived