LegacyGT.com

Warranty or not?

CapnJack

I want to make sure I'm not off base here before I call the dealer on Monday to question these things.

I had my 07 Legacy GT in today for service. It has about 27K on it and I asked them to look at the brakes and the driver's seat.

The brakes pulse when coming to a stop. This happened before, they turned them, and I went on my way. Today, they told me its going to be almost $250 for them to turn them again. Shouldn't this be covered? :confused:

The driver's side seat squeaks when I sit in it. I'm not a big guy by any means, and I don't feel the seat should squeak every time I get in and out of the car. I can't believe I've worn the seat out already. They told me this was not covered under warranty. :confused:

If I recall SOA covers resurfacing of brake rotors under warranty. I can check for you, or Opie can also chime in.

What is wrong with the seat? What is the exact part that has failed that they want to charge you for?

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

If I recall SOA covers resurfacing of brake rotors under warranty. I can check for you, or Opie can also chime in.

What is wrong with the seat? What is the exact part that has failed that they want to charge you for?

I thought so. Do they only do it a certain number of times? Is there something that would make them look at the rotors and say that it's not covered? The car has never been on a track, but I do drive it with some spirit on occasion. Nothing I would say the car is not capable of and no where near the ABS coming on.

When I sit in the seat and lean back, there is a squeak/creak that comes from the back of the seat on the left hand side(door side). It's coming from the seat back itself about mid way up, not the rails underneath. I'm not sure they would be able to diagnose or fix it without removing all of the upholstery on the seat. Is that something they would do or would they just replace the entire seat?

I thought so. Do they only do it a certain number of times? Is there something that would make them look at the rotors and say that it's not covered? The car has never been on a track, but I do drive it with some spirit on occasion. Nothing I would say the car is not capable of and no where near the ABS coming on.

To my knowledge, I don't think there specific number of times they can perform it unless it counts as an adjustment which is a 1 time thing. Opie is also a Subaru Advisor, I would also see what he says.

When I sit in the seat and lean back, there is a squeak/creak that comes from the back of the seat on the left hand side(door side). It's coming from the seat back itself about mid way up, not the rails underneath. I'm not sure they would be able to diagnose or fix it without removing all of the upholstery on the seat. Is that something they would do or would they just replace the entire seat?

So are they trying to tell you that you need a new seatback and sell that to you? If so, have you asked them why they are not covering and on what grounds?

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

The entire braking system is covered under warranty for 3yrs or 36,000 miles....they can resurface them as many times as necessary during that time until they get so thin that they are below the acceptable thickness, then they should be replaced, under warranty.

Same with the seat squeak...I thought there was a TSB out about this...but I've searched and can't find it...

Thanks guys! That's what I was hoping was the case. The service advisor was gone yesterday when I went in to pick up my car, so I don't have all the details yet, just what was on the service report and what the sales staff told me. I have to make a phone call tomorrow to see what's up.

I called the dealer today and they told me the rotors are not covered as they are a wear item and only covered the first year or 12,000 miles. I called SOA this evening and they will be calling the dealer tomorrow to follow up to find out WTF. This will be the third them they have been turned to correct a pulsing problem. Can I make the request for new rotors? If history repeates itself, the car will be out of warranty the next time this happens.

The seat they said was covered, but I have to schedule another appointment to drop the car back off for them to disassemble the seat.

:spin:

I called the dealer today and they told me the rotors are not covered as they are a wear item and only covered the first year or 12,000 miles.

Your Service advisor needs to read the Subaru Policy and Procedures manual 8.4.14 and that will tell him exactly what is covered for the brakes and 8.3.18 discusses the wear item warranty for a 2007 model which clearly states 3 years or 36,000 miles whichever occurs first. Nothing is even mentioned for 12/12,000

I called SOA this evening and they will be calling the dealer tomorrow to follow up to find out WTF. This will be the third them they have been turned to correct a pulsing problem. Can I make the request for new rotors? If history repeates itself, the car will be out of warranty the next time this happens.
Hopefully they will be on the ball being your dealership isn't.

Archived