LegacyGT.com

scratched bumper?

Hi

I was so sad today. By mistake, I scratched my rear bumper when i back out of the parking spot.

I am planning to repaint the bumper. However, I won't be able to do it til october.

I just want to ask if it's ok to leave it like that for a month or two? It won't get rusted right?

thanks very much.

Weeeellll... you might wanna get it fixed ASAP. When paint is removed and the plastic bumper is exposed to cold temperatures (as in the coming winter months), it tends to contract. As it contracts, it may shift slightly and pull the exhaust hangers closer to the gas tank. There have been instances of explosion. Proceed cautiously.

Weeeellll... you might wanna get it fixed ASAP. When paint is removed and the plastic bumper is exposed to cold temperatures (as in the coming winter months), it tends to contract. As it contracts, it may shift slightly and pull the exhaust hangers closer to the gas tank. There have been instances of explosion. Proceed cautiously.

Is this coming from the same dept that the soap eats our intercooler thread came from? :lol:

The right front corner of my bumper got scratched the first winter back in feb 05. May be someday I'll get it repainted. It pretty big but the car is black and now with 96,000 miles of stone chips and bugs it kind of blends in.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN0049.jpg

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The right front corner of my bumper got scratched the first winter back in feb 05. May be someday I'll get it repainted. It pretty big but the car is black and now with 96,000 miles of stone chips and bugs it kind of blends in.

A lot of that would probably buff out. It's hard to tell how deep those scratches are, but you could make that look a lot better pretty easily.

A lot of that would probably buff out. It's hard to tell how deep those scratches are, but you could make that look a lot better pretty easily.

I believe some of the scratches are down to the black bumper. It's no biggy it's just a Subaru.

Yep, it's raining out but I just checked, the top one by the head light is down to the bumper. The rest of it may buff out.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived