LegacyGT.com

Fun cheep little mods I like to do

gershon

Can anyone help? I am trying to get a 2/0 wire to my battery/alternator area for nice, clean power for my new amp. I have tried going through the firewall (too much foam, & didn't wannna drill), and also tried through the grommet by the driver's left toe:(http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3101&highlight=amp) and am not getting there. Any ideas to help me get power to the trunk/cabim in my '06 LGT 5spd?

Any help or experience is appreciated! Thanks!

:confused:JER5EY:confused:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone help? I am trying to get a 2/0 wire to my battery/alternator area for nice, clean power for my new amp. I have tried going through the firewall (too much foam, & didn't wannna drill), and also tried through the grommet by the driver's left toe:(http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3101&highlight=amp) and am not getting there. Any ideas to help me get power to the trunk/cabim in my '06 LGT 5spd?

Any help or experience is appreciated! Thanks!

:confused:JER5EY:confused:

Try the grommet behind the glove compartment. I may have a pic... There should be a thread somewhere on the location.

looks nice, but how much is that going to suck when you have to go in and replace the strips or a bulb burns out?

A lot. I would advise anyone wanting to try this to get some more expensive high quality LED strips. The ones I got from eBay have had 9 bulbs go out on them, and I currently have another 3 flickering, I don't even turn them on any more :mad: I'm still deciding what I want to put in there so I haven't pulled them apart and taken the strips out yet, but yes it does completely blow

A lot. I would advise anyone wanting to try this to get some more expensive high quality LED strips. The ones I got from eBay have had 9 bulbs go out on them, and I currently have another 3 flickering, I don't even turn them on any more :mad: I'm still deciding what I want to put in there so I haven't pulled them apart and taken the strips out yet, but yes it does completely blow

Oh man, that sucks. :(

OK, I guess then, for this project, might as well step it up a notch when you go back in there. :) Remember that neat trick that the new Audis with this kind of running-light will do, when you trigger the turn signals? I'd say that you might as well go all-out, and wire that in, too, when you've got all the wiring exposed. ;):wub:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 3 months later...
I have a LED strips (44cm) ontop of the headlight (where the waterproofing liner is) but flush against a small ridge (just look, cant miss it). I have a switch under my heated wiper button. Pretty easy if you know electrical wiring (I dont, ArcTec34 helped me). Plus the only thing you have to remove is the flat black intake thingy. Ill post a pic later

nice work, if you decide to crack your HL's again and want to put the strip inside, I blacked my new ones out, painted the strip black and stuck em in and you can pretty much only see the bulbs, but that's only if you get bored with the eyelid style, I think it looks pretty sweet

^ +1.

That's a very upscale look!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

that actually looks better than I would expect it to, you did a good job applying it which probably makes all the difference.

Thanks. Only small problem I had was that my bumper is starting to sag (naturally) and a small gap has formed. You can kinda tell in the pics and the trim didn't fit quite right but it works. I got bored and put the excess on the grill but you can't tell unless you're standing right next to it. But the back looks nice.

0416091514.jpg.9ade8294f084a8e3e5a7b89c42e99aea.jpg

0416091514a.jpg.be856f4eb2407e266079430f0e11e93c.jpg

Archived