LegacyGT.com

Interior Detailing

I have been using the search function (probably not very well) but I haven't been able to find information about interior detailing. A lot of good information was found to detail the outside of the car but what about interior or seats.

I HATE that armor all wipes stuff. I do not like a shiny dash. But I do enjoy the new car matte look.

What is the best product to use to clean the dash and all door moldings to a clean mew car look? I heard of some 303 product? Will it be shiny?

While I'm on the topic, what have people found to be the best solution for leather cleaning / maintenance?

I do my best to keep my car clean, however in the past my vehicles were so old and worn that I didn't mind using those shiny wipes. I feel the new Legacy is way too classy for that.

Any information/guidance is greatly welcomed.

Karl

OCDetails has a pretty good thread on interiors. I use McGuires leather conditioner spray. works well for me.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I'm a professional detailer. I can tell you I use Blue Magic leather cleaner - comes in a tan spray bottle. and as for your dash and paneling, Armor All has a product out with a purple label, should be with all their other regular stuff. It's called natural finish interior detailer. It takes away marks and stuff and doesnt leave you with a greasy or shiny feeling, just a clean one. Hope that helps.

What is the best product to use to clean the dash and all door moldings to a clean mew car look? I heard of some 303 product? Will it be shiny?

I use 303 on all my interior surfaces and the result is great! As long as you wipe the excess off, no shine. Leave it on longer will yield a shiny surface but nothing like Armour All...

My .02...

Also, it is pretty easy to find the 303 Product at boating shops for a good price...

Archived