LegacyGT.com

Going Stage 1 Thursday, question

SubLGTaru

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear god.

Just go download the accessport manager software, install it. Download whatever maps you want in whatever file format they come in.

Connect AP to computer,

Open Accessport Manager

Use the Manager's browser to find your downloaded maps and send them over to the AP...

I don't understand what the complication is unless you mess something up.

And no your K&N drop in won't affect anything. The car already gets enough air through the paper filter, and won't use the extra coming through the K&N.

So, I'm looking at the AP right now....it shows all the maps on it, which say they are intended for a 2008 LGT...no maps say specifically for the 2007, which is what I have.

Do I need to go to Cobb's Website and get the 2007 maps?

If you've installed the AP on the car, it will present a list of maps for that car -- they recognize the car and adjust accordingly. If you get an empty list, then you need to do the download.

If you haven't installed the AP, then do so. Installation is not the same as choosing and flashing a map. As I said, the AP changes when it's married. HPH

I unplugged it from my comp, then took it out to my car to plug it in and it turned on and all it says is updating, but nothing is moving. Now I come back inside to plug it in and it is froze on updating....the AP appears in my AccessPort Manager, but all of the maps are gone from it, they don't show up.

I have a PDX MAP...nice powaahh!

Yeah, I cannot wait! I think the PDX map should make some pretty decent power over the Cobb Stage 1 OTS map.

No.

I'm sure it will be fine. No CEL so far, but I haven't drove much yet. Is there a number of miles you should drive before you kind of get on it, after you flash the Stage 1 map?

Flash back to stock or remove AP from vehicle altogether? 2 VERY different things

If just flashing back to OEM program, no you don't need to connect the green plugs. If "unmarrying" the AP from your vehicle, then absolutely you need to plug the greens.

Quick question, if I want to remove Stage I, do I have to put the car in test mode (i.e. plug those green cables at the foot of the passenger side)?

BTW, If I was you, I would disconnect the battery cables and reset the ECU. Then take it out for a spiritied drive. This will get the ECU a fresh reset. The car may then feel better.

GL

Rehab is for quitters.

No, you. I have found that resetting the ECU starts you off new. The ECU learns and the car feels better.

So, the ECU is already flashed to the COBB OTS Stage 1 map. Are you saying that all I should do now is disconnect the battery? How long should I leave it disconnected? Then when I reconnect it the COBB map will still be there correct?

Yes...disconnect the cables for 30 sconds and then reconnect. Go out and drive the thing kinda hard. The ECU learns your driving style. This can help better performance.

You have flashed the cobb map to the ECU so it will still be there...no worries. When you drive the car, you may feel it hitting different spots on the MAP...it will then take off...kinda cool feeling.

BTW, see what you're hitting for boost in 3rd gear, WOT. I had issues hitting proper boost when I went stage 1. The Tuner had to add a smaller restrictor pill. When this was done, it was like night and day.

Rehab is for quitters.

For some reason, I thought that when you disconnected the battery cables, that was a way of setting the car back to the stock ECU setting???? Maybe I read that wrong.

I still have my AP plugged in when I am going WOT in third gear? What setting on the AP do I have to be in for it to tell me what PSI I am hitting for boost?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, I am new to the AccessPORT.

NOpe...you can disconnect the battery and the map you're running will still be there. If you have the V2 AP, scroll through the settings there is a setting to show boost. In stage 1 you should be hitting 16 or so.

BTW, buy a boost gauge set up.

Rehab is for quitters.

Archived