LegacyGT.com

Official 2006 spec.B Registry

hey everyone just bought a spec b that came from Colorado but heres the deal the dealer did not have the number for the car this car was in a accident but has a clean title im thinking whoever else had this car at the tie of the accident may have kept the number as a keepsake I know I would have I have contacted soa and they cannot give me the number though the vin number come back as a spec b it is on 06 so im in the right thread any I have the vin if anyone needs it as cross reference. thanks in advance guys

yea I know it is missing that number plate I was hoping someone on the forum could help me track down said number plate or tell me what number it is or any info at all I know that car came from flatirons Subaru in Colorado originally and I have the vin that's all the info I have though

They are only registered in this thread bc people looked down at their little plate (that you don't have) and posted what number they have lol. So in other words no, I'm sorry I don't know where else you would find it. Unless you knew if the previous owner was on the forum and had their user name.

I purchased my first Subaru this year Feb 2013, but I had no idea what a gem I got #170 spec B with 100,505 on the odometer. Today it has 107,467 miles, and I never plan on selling, trading or giving this car away to anyone other than my Grandson in another 15years!!!!!

I love the car, and someday I will return to finish catching up with this thread, lol!! You can find me on the Flat4LV forums. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 ...I'm just another Twin!

hey everyone just bought a spec b that came from Colorado but heres the deal the dealer did not have the number for the car this car was in a accident but has a clean title im thinking whoever else had this car at the tie of the accident may have kept the number as a keepsake I know I would have I have contacted soa and they cannot give me the number though the vin number come back as a spec b it is on 06 so im in the right thread any I have the vin if anyone needs it as cross reference. thanks in advance guys

So, I've been doing some digging for you. The last 6 digits in Subaru VIN's are the sequential production line number. I have been searching other 2006 Spec B VIN's and it seems that they were made sequentially on the production line (i.e. 1 was made first, 500 last). This would be great if they were only producing Spec B's, however all the other Legacies were jumbled in there. But the difference in the productions numbers does not vary too much (maybe 5 in-between each Spec B #). If you could find out which two other Spec B VIN's yours is in-between, that would give you your number.

Here's a decent start at some Spec B VIN's: http://legacygt.com/forums/search.php?searchid=12950402 (search 2006 spec in classifieds)

Here's is the Subaru VIN information: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/vin.html

Edit: to add to this, I would go through all the FS threads, find all the VIN's with their respective #'s. Make a list of everything you can find. Then figure out which Spec B #'s your VIN lies in-between. Then if you cannot figure it out from that, PM the members on this list that would further narrow down your search. With enough ground work it can be done.

Edited by Connor

So, I've been doing some digging for you. The last 6 digits in Subaru VIN's are the sequential production line number. I have been searching other 2006 Spec B VIN's and it seems that they were made sequentially on the production line (i.e. 1 was made first, 500 last). This would be great if they were only producing Spec B's, however all the other Legacies were jumbled in there. But the difference in the productions numbers does not vary too much (maybe 5 in-between each Spec B #). If you could find out which two other Spec B VIN's yours is in-between, that would give you your number.

Here's a decent start at some Spec B VIN's: http://legacygt.com/forums/search.php?searchid=12950402

Here's is the Subaru VIN information: http://www.cars101.com/subaru/vin.html

Edit: to add to this, I would go through all the FS threads, find all the VIN's with their respective #'s. Make a list of everything you can find. Then figure out which Spec B #'s your VIN lies in-between. Then if you cannot figure it out from that, PM the members on this list that would further narrow down your search. With enough ground work it can be done.

Nice info here. fallenhero - there are 580 cars between #133 and your car. This would seem to indicate your car would be between # 134 - 500.

I have a list of all the cars that came out of Colorado and the forum member name they belong to I have sent all of them a pm only a few ever got back to me.. the top link did not work I will try it again shortly thank you guys for the help I will continue to dig on my end