LegacyGT.com

Mazdaspeed 6 0-60 5.5 seconds

The regular ol' Mazda6 is a good deal, and so is the 3. Actually, top two cars that I recommend to people that want something slightly sportier and cheaper than the Honda/Toyota offerings, but either have/don't want to go VW. And manuals with the more powerful engines along with hatch/wagon styles are a plus.

No AWD, so I wasn't interested, but the regular ol' Mazda6 would have probably been the top choice if I could deal with FWD and wanted to pay 20K or less.

-B

I actually just bought my g/f a mazda6i -- i liked that car so much that i was really tempted to buy the mazda6s for myself until i started looking around and remembered the legacy.

As far as the lack of AWD thing goes -- the mazda handles excellently in the snow, probably the best of any FWD car i've driven.

The 5.5 figure from Mazda is the first I've seen. Always been 6.2. Car and Driver mentioned the 6.2 was very conservative, and talked about how great the handling was.

However, the last two articles I read (one with the 5.5 quote included) said the bias is towards understeer in the corners. Wondering if Mazda toned down the neutral handling Car and Driver experienced in Japan for the US market. If so, BOOOO!

Being electronic, wondering if there would be a way to bring it back...

-B

PS A Nissan 3.5L Altima with manual tranny will walk a LGT from a roll.

I doubt any EBD system can be "great." Toned down from Japan? A shame, but we always get teh shaft. The Legacy was no exception...

Whats the big uproar, wait for the car to come out, wait for the obvious comparisons and read what the magazines have to say. But you already have your car so all this bickering will do no one any good.

Song of Post- Dispatch- Passerby

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

rallispec, basic snow traction wasn't the main reason for AWD... Drifting in snowy parking lots was.... :D Seriously though, I was tired having the front inside wheel light up while accelerating out of a corner, nevermind form a stop. Tired of dealing with wheelhop with moderate launches. In fact, I broke an axle or two in the process. Ain't no way to accelerate!

Really enjoying even the simple pleasure of taking a right on red, accelerating, and not hearing a peep out of the tires as I accelerate moderately, even with all of the salt and sand on the road. Ah, so nice.... Hehe

-B

Archived