LegacyGT.com

So. Is your car Male or Female? What do you call it?

I call her "Leggy". It was wierd for the first few months I had her cause i kept calling her the screen name of the guy I bought it from in my head. And that just didn't fit, cause all my cars are women. My first was a 1990 VW Golf GL known as "the red lady" when i was in a good mood, or "the rat mobile" when it was on blocks like it was 80% of the time. My second was my 99 Honda Civic, known simply as "The Silver Lady". Leggy would've been "the black lady", but my g/f's pretty adamant that I can only have one of those in my life. She already calls Leggy "that other b*tch" when she thinks i'm not paying attention :(

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like Addision, mine's named due to it's Brit nav voice, but mine's Nigel...

However, I really only refer to the nav as Nigel - the car overall, I think of her as 'my precious...mine, mine!' :lol:

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's actually because of the sound it makes when I creep around. Everyone says it sounds like a spaceship. I don't know what a spaceship sounds like, so I just take their word for it.

space is a vacuum and space ships make no sound...

in space

im trying to decide on a name

obedience to church and state is subjugation to the unjust authority of men

Well, it kind of depends on the day. Some days she can be finicky like a woman, other days, he can growl like a seasoned warrior ready to do battle.

I mainly call it the beast, or mule, and haven't settled on a name yet.

If I had something important to say, I wouldn't tell you anyway.

My cars have always been guys. Not sure why.

'82 Chevy S-10: Roger

'80 Chevy Citation: Papa Smurf

'88 Honda Civic RealTime 4WD wagon: Happy Honda

'94 Acura Integra RS hatch: Clark (it was red, and I'm a Superman nut)

'00 Impreza RS sedan, Aspen White: Gringo :D (white boy)

If I buy an LGT, particularly the one I'm looking at today, I'm not sure what I'll name it. But it'll be a guy's name.

A friend came up with an italian name for my car that I think is male. Of course it sounds way better then it reads....

You have to say it with an italian accent: "Soo-barh-oo La-ga-sie"!

Say it fast enough, especially when people are wondering what type of car it is and you could be driving Ferrari's little brother for all they know!

Hey, it works for me!:p

Archived