LegacyGT.com

Prodrive Rear Diff protector ?

westy66

• 3 weeks later...

I tried on my 5EAT GT and it didn't.

The bracket that attaches to the diff to screw in the bracket needs to be different. At least for the finned cover on the 5EAT. If someone made a special bracket, I'd be all over it. Even if it was a modification to the provided one.

I don't know if it'll fit on the LGT, but I have a Primitive Racing Rear Diff cover on the 08 STI. you should contact Paul and see if he makes one that fits on the LGT. pretty inexpensive too.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

perrin makes a new cover for the diff - I think it has more capacity/ better cooling: http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/show/322/High-Capacity-and-Cooling-Diff-Cover?category=8&model=10

primitive racing makes a skidplate/guard thingy for it:

Legacy 2.5i/GT - Outback 2.5i/XT Rear Skidplate

http://www.writerguy.com/primitive/images/img-skid/2005+%20lgt_obxt%20rear%20plate_small.JPG

Item No 3054

Primitive is proud to offer the ONLY rear skidplate on the market for 2005+ Legacy GT's and Outback XT's!! Our custom design uses all your stock mounting points for easy install and is made with the same 3/16" aluminum as our other heavy duty skidplates.

Your Price: $107 (or much less when bought with a front plate in our Full Body Armor option!)

Ok, there seems to be a confusion here.

The Perrin is just a diff cover (replaces the OEM one with more fluid capacity and cooling fins (which the 5EAT have :p)

The Prodrive and Primitive are skit plates (diff guards) to protect the diff if you are of roading and/or lowered and fear running over something that might hurt the diff.

Archived