LegacyGT.com

Trading in LGT for 08 STI HELP!

moviemadness

ok so took a few pics with my phone, and the girl too.

I dare you to call that photoshop..

enjoy u phukers lol..:lol:

anyway,

so does anyone here have an aspen white STI?

1. have you guys noticed some of the body parts turning yellow?

my hood scoop and rear wing is starting to turn yellow.. WTF??:confused:

2. when you turn on ur HIDs, do they start off white and turn yellow?

mine turns yellow to the point where my aftermarket LGT HIDs were much whiter AND brighter..

any input?

oh and it's been about a week and I already got three scratches on the phukin car. dammit..:mad:

would a detail get rid of these scratches?

I told Puente Hills Subaru that there were a bunch of swirls on the paint, and asked for a detail,

this is their response:

"you didn't pay enough money for the car to get that kinda service, buddy":mad:

I see LBC!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd

I told Puente Hills Subaru that there were a bunch of swirls on the paint, and asked for a detail,

this is their response:

WTF? Who told you this, a salesman or a manager?

That is totally unacceptable. So when you bought the car at the price you did you were forfeiting quality service? They chose to sell you the car at the price they did.

If it was an underling, I would get in touch with the manager or owner and let him know that you are a member on this board and Nasioc and people would be very interested to hear how this turns out..

anyway,

mine turns yellow to the point where my aftermarket LGT HIDs were much whiter AND brighter..

any input?

oh and it's been about a week and I already got three scratches on the phukin car. dammit..:mad:

this is their response:

remember, the scoop and other plastic parts are made of different material so yes, after some time, they will be a different color once the paint settles. it's not terribly noticeable, but still noticeable.

and no, a detail will not get rid of scratches, however a good buffing will.

as for the HID's, factory are only about 4K?? maybe even 4500K, so not going to be super bright.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

anyway,

any input?

this is their response:

God i hate that, sounds like my dealer, smith cairns jeep subaru f*cked me bad on my car i dont even want to start. Your better off not ever going to back to subaru, every time i do my car come out with new scratches and some new noises and smells.

WTF? Who told you this, a salesman or a manager?

That is totally unacceptable. So when you bought the car at the price you did you were forfeiting quality service? They chose to sell you the car at the price they did.

If it was an underling, I would get in touch with the manager or owner and let him know that you are a member on this board and Nasioc and people would be very interested to hear how this turns out..

Sales maager told me that.

I'm gonna go probably thursday or friday to see what he says about the color changing plastic parts

remember, the scoop and other plastic parts are made of different material so yes, after some time, they will be a different color once the paint settles. it's not terribly noticeable, but still noticeable.

and no, a detail will not get rid of scratches, however a good buffing will.

as for the HID's, factory are only about 4K?? maybe even 4500K, so not going to be super bright.

right I understand that, but I had the car for like 2 weeks. Isn't that too short of a time for the color to be changing already??

I need to take photos of the parts to show you how yellow they are.

They're like a championship white on an integra type r.

the detail will get rid of the swirls in the paint tho, right?

would aftermarket bulbs like 5k or 6k work with the stock parts?

I feel like i'm driving back in the old day with halogen bulbs.. that's how dark they are!

God i hate that, sounds like my dealer, smith cairns jeep subaru f*cked me bad on my car i dont even want to start. Your better off not ever going to back to subaru, every time i do my car come out with new scratches and some new noises and smells.

then which subaru has the best quality service? These guys are dickin me around and i'm not happy with it.

not only that, when I traded in my LGT, they were supposed to give me my aftermarket parts, but it's taking more than a week for them to take it off.

I talked to service, and they said they were never told there was a deadline on it, and it hasn't even been touched yet.

I talked to sales, and they say it's not true, and they already started to work on the car. not cool.

I was promised last friday, then been pushed back to the end of this week.

ummm the bulbs should be 4300k which is pure white. The color your see being yellow is the lens causing this to happen.

plastic body parts never match metal parts and it is especially noticeable on "pearl white" cars which the new color for sti's has a pearl in it so you notice it more.

the '08 STi is not a pearl white.

having worked with the auto industry for years and many bodyshops I have learned that is normal for plastic panel pieces to not match metal pieces. I've never gotten any real specifics scientifically but they say that the way the paint bonds to metal is different then it does to plastic which makes it so that it will never 100% match.

oh and I went to the dealer yesterday to ask about the paint.

They took pics of the car and said that was a paint warranty issue, and as soon as they get clearance from SoA, they'll have it repainted, while giving me a loaner car.

I checked on the other white STI out in the lot, and another white STI that was in for service, and they both had the same fading yellowish hint to the plastic parts.

I'm now not sure if it will make a difference even if they repaint it.

well he did say that he was going to give them for me and that they had no use for it.

I will get them back eventually. I just wanted them ASAP so that I can hurry up and sell them.

keep up on that because i used to work at a subaru dealer and the mechanics used to sell the aftermarket parts on ebay...

ok well I got the parts back after waiting almost two hours for the sales manager to come and tell me he'll give me the parts under one condition: when I get the customer service survey that I give them a perfect score. I said fine give me my parts now.

so I got to Yimi's and realize that they left out my intake.

I call them back and say wtf, but they said they held on to the intake because I did not give them back the stock intake box......................... wtf.

Archived