LegacyGT.com

Legacy 3.0?

smokin.legacy

3.0R has a nice amount of pick up, is tuned more for comfort and less for sport. I was picked up yesterday in one, and was impressed with the power it had when getting onto the highway. It's far smoother than the turbo engine, and no turbo lag. One downside to the 3.0R is that it has no aftermarket support, and there are no parts available for it.

3.0R has a nice amount of pick up, is tuned more for comfort and less for sport. I was picked up yesterday in one, and was impressed with the power it had when getting onto the highway. It's far smoother than the turbo engine, and no turbo lag. One downside to the 3.0R is that it has no aftermarket support, and there are no parts available for it.

The 3.0 in my Tribeca has good grunt off the line, then a soft (wimpy) midrange, then some power up at the top of the rev range. Even though the midrange is soft, it has surprising performance for a 4200 lb vehicle!

It was that soft middle that they corrected with the 3.6. I can't wait for the Legacy 3.6R...

Archived