LegacyGT.com

Want to add fog lights, what are my options?

dfalk

So i have a white 05 2.5i and the fog light housing just has these stupid black pieces inserted in the opening. At first i didnt mind but now its really starting to bother me and its becoming quite the eyesore. I though of a few options and wanted some opinions. Also the cheaper the better, since I dont like the look of foglights on anyways, I dont actually need functional lights.

1. Have the black pieces painted white to match the car. I know a body guy so itd be really cheap.

2. Remove the black pieces and add some sorta mesh in the 2 openings and also add it to the bottom opening of the bumper.

3. Buy these http://subarucarrparts.com/?mainURL=%2Fstore%2Fitem%2F1i3ad%2FLegacy_Outback_149_Exterior%2FLEGACY_FOG_LIGHT_BEZELS.html%3Fitem_id%3D1i3ad

I dont know what all you get with those and im sure id probably have to buy some sorta light housing. Anyone buy these or know anything more about them?

4. Buy the actual kit that I think runs anywhere from $300-500 bucks i believe.

Anyways id really like to go with option 3. What do you guys think?

I have to ask you, is it often foggysnowy/rainy where you live? Do you do a ton of night driving in these adverse conditions?

I ask as these fog lights in the LGT's are certainly not driving lights. They light up the first 15 feet in front of our cars, and do it very well... but they won't help you see anything far away any better than the headlights will.

If you want them for the bling factor, I'd ask you if spending hundreds of dollars is worth it to you? Why not just get a good set of HID's for the headlights for under 200 bucks? They'l perform better than stock headlights and fog lights in overall lighting performance.

If you need fog lights for their exact purpose, then go for it.

Otherwise, save your money on other mods.

Getting your buddy to paint the black covers a matching colour will still cost you probably 100 bucks.

I see now that it's the black cover that you hate most of all... in that case definitely do not waste your money on the OEM fog light set up.

^^^Like I said in my previous post, i dont like the look of fog lights on at night with the headlights on so I dont actually need them to be functional. I already have an HID kit that provides plenty of light. What I want is something besides the god awful looking black inserts in the bumper. As you can tell from the picture it just looks horrible.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/dfalk/HPIM0541.jpg

Archived