LegacyGT.com

Tacos! (and pink tacos)

Jerboa113

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd
A fair amount of my female friends tend to eat at Taco Rosa (which was mentioned earlier I think)

:lol:

Nice little sit down mexican restaurant, but ah I love that name, hahahaha

Pics of said friends and their pink tacos?

:lol::lol: we'd have to add a :NSFW tag to the thread title if you have those..

its almost time for tacos again.. Saturday is usually taco day for me lol

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

never tried that... I wouldn't even know where to start making my own tortillas.. I prefer the hard shells, but from what I can tell a "hard shell" is just a corn tortilla thats folded and fried yes?

All I need is sour cream, cheese, taco sauce, and 1/4 pound of meat/taco and I'm good. :lol:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Homemade tortillas take about 5 minutes to make.

All you need is a press ($15 at Target, or cheaper at your local hole-in-the-wall mexican market) & corn flour (masa - found in many grocery stores) -

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Lwjh1zKIL._SS260_.jpg

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/602-6845487-9186257?ASIN=B00164VNYQ&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B00164VNYQ|IMUSA_Cast_Iron_Tortilla_Press&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B00164VNYQ&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

This is a complex description of basically adding water to the flour and then pressing.

http://www.texascooking.com/features/may98corntortillas.htm

If I want to crisp up the shells I fry them in oil (you can make your own chips if you really fry them)

YOU CAN DO IT!

awesome. I have a deep fryer.. I want a better one tho, I got a cheap one and I use is so much I think I've "earned" a higher quality deep fryer. Besides.. this one is a fire hazard. :lol:

I see places like moe's make their own taco shells and they taste great. I'll have to try that one day.

Guest Gitster

How the F can she hate them?

Tell her she's in *North* America and she has to eat like the Mexicans do :lol:

Do you think if your kid went to China they feed them cheeseburgers everyday?!?!? :spin:

Guest Gitster
never tried that... I wouldn't even know where to start making my own tortillas.. I prefer the hard shells, but from what I can tell a "hard shell" is just a corn tortilla thats folded and fried yes?

All I need is sour cream, cheese, taco sauce, and 1/4 pound of meat/taco and I'm good. :lol:

I think its fried and then while still hot molded, or draped over a rod to form its shape.

just tell her thats all that the food ministry allocated for dinner for that night so you had no choice.

Exactly... I'll tell her that complaining out loud about my dinners will warrant the Big Brother troops to come crashing through my sky lights and whisk her away to the 'work camps'.

(Alas, I do not want to derail this awesome taco thread with poking fun at our Chinese friends.)

I actually made tacos the other night. I have an addiction lol.

I didnt have any Ortega sauce tho which I like because it seems to be more heavily tomato than the other sauces out there. It brings the flavor out without being chunky which I prefer.

I supplemented it with extra old el paso which is still heavy with tomato but has a very different flavor.

I also shredded my own cheese.. it turns out I have a food processor lol, who knew!? :spin:

meat cheese and sour cream.. :lol: and I do make a fine bowl of cereal too. :lol::lol:

Then why do 90% of mexican places not in a state bordering mexico suck balls?

I could go for some al pastor right now. MMMMMM, al pastor.

Archived