LegacyGT.com

09 Obsidian Black Pearl or Diamond Gray Metallic??

grimlin

I'm about to buy an '09 Legacy 2.5GT spec.B. Now comes the hardest decision ever... do I get it in Obsidian Black Pearl or Diamond Gray Metallic?? I'm in Dallas and both of the cars are in Houston. So I haven't seen either.. (no '09s in DFW at all :confused:) I've always had black cars, but I like the idea of the Gray. Does anybody have pics of the Black SpecB. I've seen an '08 in Gray so I assume they look a like. And I've seen the official pics in Black, but I'd like to see a real spec B in black. I actually need to make the decision before I go pick up the car because the black car is in North Houston and the Gray car is in South Houston.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.. THANKS

Mary

I love a black car. They look so sharp when they are clean ... which is almost never. Problem is that there are tons of black vehicles in every make and model wherever you look.

The DGM is very different and very sharp.

You can't go wrong with either colour but I think that DGM is just a little more unique.

Good luck.

I love a black car. They look so sharp when they are clean ... which is almost never. Problem is that there are tons of black vehicles in every make and model wherever you look.

The DGM is very different and very sharp.

You can't go wrong with either colour but I think that DGM is just a little more unique.

Good luck.

yes, I agree when they are clean. But I work full time and help my husband run his business when I get home, I have a 6yr old and I drive her around alot. So it's almost never gonna be clean. I have a Black SUV, so I know all about black. and yeah, the reason I decided on the DGM is because, it's not a color you find just anywhere. And I couldn't be happier. :)

Mary

yes, I agree when they are clean. But I work full time and help my husband run his business when I get home, I have a 6yr old and I drive her around alot. So it's almost never gonna be clean. I have a Black SUV, so I know all about black. and yeah, the reason I decided on the DGM is because, it's not a color you find just anywhere. And I couldn't be happier. :)

Mary

So did you get it then ?????

and yeah, the reason I decided on the DGM is because, it's not a color you find just anywhere.

Ironically, that was precisely the reason I DIDN'T get DGM. Dark grey / graphite has been a trendy color for four years now and I see it everywhere.

DGM... Look at my pics in the intro section. Better yet. Look at this:

In bright sunlight, it darkens. When it's hazy, you see some color. It really looks nice...

:rolleyes:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/8524/img0771nr8.jpg

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/2554/img0763qu9.jpg

I owned two silver cars before my legacy, so I wanted something differnt. My LGT looked soooo good in OBP, but its my biggest regret about my car. Beyond the usual complaints of dirt showing, it also shows every little nick, dent, and paint swirll. Besides, the DGM looks especially sweet on the Spec B....I wish I had one....

^^^ 3.0R spec.b?

i wish sedans here had rear wipers.

Yes, it is a 3.0R specB. It's really a nice ride without the turbo lag. Now, the fact that its an automatic is not exactly a turn off, but a 6 speed is tough to get.

DGM FTW

• 1 month later...

I like DGM a lot, its a total chamelon color, take 10 ppl looking at the car under 10 different lighting conditions and they will give you varying descriptions of the color.

Plus DGM is so low maintenance, i can hardly wash my car, dust/dirt is pretty invisible, swirl marks in the paint are nearly impossible to see and after 2 years my car exterior still looks nearly showroom new, and thats with no car cover and just a parking garage.

Any variation of black, it'll look great for the first year, but once weather and other factors take their toll on the paint, its a constantly losing uphill battle to make it look as good as it did from the showroom, without spending a lot of time and/or $$ to keep it looking detailed and good.

Archived