LegacyGT.com

This is how we roll in India!

mccorry

My Filipino nanny used to ride her scooter like that back in Manila.

"Common place." She says...:eek:

Scary thing is she used to ride no helmet with an infant son sitting in her lap. Whacky foreigners.

My Filipino nanny used to ride her scooter like that back in Manila.

"Common place." She says...:eek:

Scary thing is she used to ride no helmet with an infant son sitting in her lap. Whacky foreigners.

Um, over there, YOU were the foreigner :lol:

I'd imagine that guy in the vid is dead/hurt by now.

For some reason the presence of life and death aren't seen the same way as we see it in the west. It's a cultural difference - and if someone dies in a traffic accident it's the will of the gods.

Oh - he died! That's a shame - but we continue...

453747.png

For some reason the presence of life and death aren't seen the same way as we see it in the west. It's a cultural difference - and if someone dies in a traffic accident it's the will of the gods.

Oh - he died! That's a shame - but we continue...

I respectfully disagree, in the sense that they do not so easily move along as you may believe.

Their beliefs may give them the "reasoning" as to why it happened, the place of death in the cycle of life, or where the soul/etc moves onto, but it does not relieve the pain/grief in family/friends etc.

In fact, in Buddhism, Taoism etc, mourning is seen as a necessary process that must be formally endured, at times for up to a year or more. Perhaps with a leave from work and a trip of some sort etc.

(Source, myself, lived in S.E.A for a lot of my life).

Archived